Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A TIME FOR BEING KNOWN AND A TIME FOR...

(These thoughts are added to each day. Scroll down and read previous One A Days.)

At an afternoon tea for officers and their wives, the Commanding General stood up to speak. An hour later he was still rambling on and on. A lieutenant who by then could hardly keep his eyes open turned to the woman at his side and commented, “How long is that unbearable old windbag going to keep talking?”

“Do you know who I am?” asked the woman.

“No, I don’t,” replied the officer.

“I am the wife of that unbearable old windbag?”

“Do you know who I am?” countered the Lieutenant, rapidly growing red in the face.

“No, I don’t,” replied the woman.

“Thank God,” muttered the young lieutenant and melted into the crowd.

Thank God, and that is a prayer, that Jesus does know who you are, and loves you and forgives you and does not want you to melt into the crowd that ignores Him at the cross. Sometimes it is good not to be known, but when it comes to Jesus, it is the other way around.

“Though the mountains leave their place and the hills be shaken, my love will never leave you nor my covenant of peace be shaken, says the Lord, who has mercy on you.” Isaiah 54:10

Have you visited my “Life Is Not What It Is But What You Make It” site. Go to Google and where it says “Google Search” type in “Wyrick’s Writings”

Have you considered sharing this site with family or friends? Just have them go to Google Search and type in “Neil Spiritual Vitamins”.

And, yes, maybe they will back track a few weeks to read other of my musings.

No comments:

Post a Comment