Monday, October 12, 2009

ALMOST 90 YEARS OF A CANCER AND THEN IT WAS GONE

(These thoughts are added to each day. Scroll down and read previous One A Days.)

He was almost 90 as he told me his story. By the time he finished tears were streaming down his face. “I was only seven years old when my father died. The small, private plane he had been given a ride in had crashed at the local airport. I had been out riding my bicycle when my mother received the terrible news so I wasn’t aware of the tragedy when a boy, who had always disliked me, came riding by.

‘Your daddy is dead. Your daddy is dead. You don’t have a daddy anymore. Ha ha ha…’ He gleefully enjoyed my pain and rode away. That was how I learned about my father’s death.”

The old man continued, “It is why I have been consumed with hate all these years for that boy. We’re both old men now and it is time I forgive him.”
And as we prayed, he did. It had taken him a long time, too long, but finally he did what he would have been the better for if he had forgiven MANY YEARS earlier.
It had been a cancer and now it was gone.

I hope you pray to Jesus to have the wisdom that the Apostle Paul had when he wrote, “I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. (Philippians 4:12)

Have you visited my “Life Is Not What It Is But What You Make It” site. Go to Google and where it says “Google Search” type in “Wyrick’s Writings”

Have you considered sharing this site with family or friends? Just have them go to Google Search and type in “Neil Spiritual Vitamins”.

And, yes, maybe they will back track a few weeks to read other of my musings.

No comments:

Post a Comment