Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A MAN WELL WORTH GETTING TO KNOW

(These thoughts are added to each day. Scroll down and read previous One A Days.)

Let me share with you a note written by a dying man? This man was sick the greater part of his life, and now he was hemorrhaging to death.

He wrote, “Mr. Dumbleigh presents his compliments, and praises God that he is sick, so that he can be cared for by two tender, loving angels. No man was ever so blessed as I.” And signed it Mr. Dumbleigh.

The man’s real name was Robert Louis Stevenson. This author of so many masterpieces never lost his sense of humor or his sense of God even up until and through the day of his death.

Early in life he mastered self-pity. Early in life he decided that while there was not much he could do about his body, there was a great deal he could do about his soul.

He used to write some of his stories a few lines at a time. He would have to stop and put his pen down and rest, sometimes 60 times an hour.

I would have liked to have looked into his eyes. I would have liked to have known Robert Louis Stevenson. It would have been a privilege.

I suppose what I am saying is that we all need to work at the being the kind of people that when other people get to know they consider it a privilege.

Just remember that an ounce of example is better than a gallon of advice.
“I can do all things through him who strengthens me.” (Philippians 4:13)

Have you visited my “Life Is Not What It Is But What You Make It” site. Go to Google and where it says “Google Search” type in “Wyrick’s Writings”

Have you considered sharing this site with family or friends? Just have them go to Google Search and type in “Neil Spiritual Vitamins”.

And, yes, maybe they will back track a few weeks to read other of my musings.

No comments:

Post a Comment