Thursday, October 1, 2009

OH WHAT SHE SAW!!!

(These One A Days are added to each new day)

In Bridgeport, Connecticut, there is a small grave stone that reads, “Aunt Fanny—She Hath Done What She Could.”

Her birth certificate officially listed her as Fanny Crosby. And though you may not recognize the name, most of you have spent your life singing many of her hymns. She wrote over 9,000 hymns; Blessed Assurance; All the Way My Savior Leads Me; I am Thine O Lord; Jesus Keep Me Near The Cross; Rescue The Perishing; To God Be The Glory; Tell me the Story of Jesus; and Praise Him, Praise Him.

When she wrote “Praise Him, Praise Him,” she wrote it from a life that had started out behind the eight ball, and never could see around it, because she went blind at the age of six weeks. Like all of us, she was given the gift of Time. Like all of us, she had choices to make. Her choice was to make the best of the worst.

Her hymn words were set to music by every popular American tunesmith of the nineteenth century. She was the guest of six Presidents and a personal friend to Grover Cleveland.

And because she believed “I am but one, but I am one, I cannot do everything, but I can do something; therefore, what I can do, by the grace of God, I will do.” (author unknown) she went out and did it.

Sightless but filled with heavenly insight she supped at the table of the Lord and rose back up filled with spiritual energy beyond compare.

She was blind but she was able to see what many people never see.

Have you visited my “Life Is Not What It Is But What You Make It” site. Go to Google and where it says “Google Search” type in “Wyrick’s Writings”

Have you considered sharing this site with family or friends? Just have them go to Google Search and type in “Neil Spiritual Vitamins”.

No comments:

Post a Comment