Saturday, October 10, 2009

GOD GAVE US MEMORIES SO WE COULD ENJOY THE FLOWERS AS WELL AS LEARN FROM THE THORNS

(These thoughts are added to each day. Scroll down and read previous One A Days.)

There is an ancient Greek legend told about a ferryman on the River Styx, the river across which the dead must traverse, and how he is asked by a woman about to be ferried across some rather piercing questions.

She has learned that if she drinks from the waters of the river she will forget everything that has happened in her life on earth. And so she asks, “If I drink of these waters, will I forget all my suffering?” “Well, yes, you will,” comes back the reply. “And will I forget all my joys,” she responds. “Well, yes.” “And will I forget all my failures?” “Yes.” “And will I forget all my triumphs?” “Yes, you will forget all your triumphs.” “And will I forget how much I have been hated?” “Yes.” “And will I forget how much I have been loved?” “Yes.” “Then”, she says with a voice firm and a mind made up, “I will not drink.”

Have you visited my “Life Is Not What It Is But What You Make It” site. Go to Google and where it says “Google Search” type in “Wyrick’s Writings”

Have you considered sharing this site with family or friends? Just have them go to Google Search and type in “Neil Spiritual Vitamins”. And hopefully they will make this site a favorite and visit it every day.

And, yes, maybe they will back track a few weeks to read other of my musings.

No comments:

Post a Comment