Sunday, October 11, 2009

ANGER IS NOT MUCH FUN

(These ONE A DAYS are added to each new day. Scroll down and check out previous additions.)

A man was in a checkout line at the grocery store and his face was getting redder by the second. The veins on his neck and forehead were expanding. His voice was more than strident. “You are trying to cheat me and I will not stand for it. I demand that all the items on this receipt be checked as against what is in my basket.” Dutifully the manager, showing remarkable composure, did so. When he was finished, no mistakes had been found. And how did the less than gentleman react? He stormed out of the store shouting at the top of his lungs, “I will never shop at this store again.” At the same time all the customers looked at one another and some even said out loud, “I hope not.”

When ancient theologians listed the seven deadly sins, pride was number one; anger was not far behind.

“Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit, for anger resides in the lap of fools.” Ecclesiastes 7:8

Have you visited my “Life Is Not What It Is But What You Make It” site. Go to Google and where it says “Google Search” type in “Wyrick’s Writings”

Have you considered sharing this site with family or friends? Just have them go to Google Search and type in “Neil Spiritual Vitamins”.

And, yes, maybe they will back track a few weeks to read other of my musings.

No comments:

Post a Comment