Thursday, August 31, 2017

STUPID IS THAT STUPID DOES


IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEND THIS BLOG TO A FRIEND GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS BLOG AND CLICK ON THE ENVELOPE.

There are over 600 stories and commentaries on this blog. It is added to daily.

Visit Neil’s other blog Wyrick’s Writings

Click below to go to the blog
 

 The Galilee Gallery
and other·
NEW TESTAMENT CHARACTERS You OUGHT TO KNOW BETTER
Series
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
We all know the old phrase, Curiosity killed the cat.  In the case of Lot’s wife, it turned her into a pillar of salt.  No wisdom there.

Nor was Peter utilizing a great deal of wisdom, and loyalty, when he denied Christ not once, but three times over.

But fear makes us do a lot of things we otherwise would not do.  We know what is right yet sometimes we fear what people will say or do, and we go into self-protection mode.

Dumb comes easily to all of us. 

I’ve hit my finger with a hammer.  I’ve slammed a car door on my hand.  I’ve stuck my foot in my mouth by saying what afterwards I knew I should have had the good sense not to say.  No wisdom there, either.
We’ve all had stupid moments. 

The Bible uses a different, gentler word for it – Foolishness

Two men were talking, and the first man asked, “Do you know the Commandments of the Lord?”

          And the second man answered, “Yes.”

          “And what do you do with them?”

          “I pick and chose.” he replied.  “I pick and chose.”

That’s not very wise, is it?

          M.D., PhD, DD - we see these titles after a name and many think wisdom…I see these titles and I think knowledge…there is a difference.

Knowledge is the beginning of wisdom, but it is no guarantee.  I have known some knowledgeable fools and so have you.

Tell me what a man’s intelligence has produced and I will tell whether I think he is wise or not.

Knowledge can, and does, produce arrogance, misused power, pride and selfishness. 

Billy Graham once said, “Knowledge is horizontal.  Wisdom is vertical.”

Yes, true wisdom comes down from above.  And when we act with too little wisdom, here comes our heavenly Father again, forgiving us and forgiving us and forgiving us. 

        THE SPIRITUAL ABRAHAM LINCOLN
“A book superior in style and content)

A  Quote FROM Rev. Wyrick’s 9TH BOOK “THE SPIRITUAL ABRAHAM LINCOLN”

No matter what he spoke, the same confusion as to who Lincoln really was, existed just as much in his time as in ours.  Poor fellow, when he was through speaking, almost every newspaper in the North said he had extended an olive branch and almost every paper in the South that he extended a sword.
 
Purchase from the author an autographed copy.
 
If you would like a short PERSONALIZED comment before the signature such as “To Mary”…or “happy birthday Mark” …or “Hope you enjoy reading this”…just enclose your wish along with a check for $10 (free shipping and handling) to:
 
And receive a bonus, Neil Poor Richard’sAlamanack for the 20th century (written as if Ben Franklin had come back to life in the 20th century was making commentary on what he was seeing.)
 
Send donation check to…
Pageantry Inc., The Church Without Walls”
7430 SW 59th Street
 Miami, Florida 33143
 

 
QUOTES FROM
SIXTY PLUS AND NOT HOLDING
(Serialization of One of Neil’s book that can be found on his other blog Wyrick’s Writings)

I almost drowned once. It is a terrifying experience. One gets very used to breathing. I had taught swimming in summer camp. Passed the Red Cross Life Saving course. Water-skied 50 miles an hour. Now I found I could not even stand to have the water flow over my face when I took a shower. 

So I had two choices. Give in to my fear or fight it.

I fought it. Stuck my head in a few inches of water in a basin for five seconds, then ten and finally a minute. I kept working on my private demon until one day, six month later, I was behind a ski boat with ski rope in hand. I was filled with panic, not just fear. I skied anyway. I fell and did not drown. I began to overcome the anxiety.

I refused to have a love affair with fear that could have become a permanent downer. Did I completely conquer my fear? No. Was I better off than if I had given in? Definitely.

----- ------ ---------- A number of years ago two scientists conducted an experiment with a sheep. They tied a piece of wire around the leg of a normal sheep in the midst of other sheep. Then at regular intervals they would send an electric shock through the wire making the leg twitch. The sheep’s behavior remained normal. He ate well, slept well, acted quite nicely, twitching appendage and all. Then the scientists added another factor.

They began to ring a bell ten seconds before they administered the shock. Within a very short period of time the sheep began to demonstrate all the symptoms of severe anxiety neurosis. His eating habits went from bad to worse. He couldn't sleep. He took to avoiding the other sheep. He became highly nervous and agitated.

It is the same with all the people who every day promise themselves it is going to be a bad day, and then work very hard at making their prophecy come true.

 
Click below to go to the blog
 


Christianity by Reflex…new series began
Wyrick’S Writings ..and will continue until finished.
 
CLICK BELOW TO GO TO NEIL’S OTHER BLOG
 

 
Some recent topic titles on his other blog, Wyrick’s Writings are:ONE LOG ON A FIRE, TWO JOLLY GREEN GIANTS; LOVE AND FORGIVENESS, WISDOM IS.WHAT IS HAPPY,60 PLUS AND NOT HOLDING

CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING URL
 
 
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
 

No comments:

Post a Comment