Sunday, August 20, 2017

GOD'S LOVE IS FOREVER


IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEND THIS BLOG TO A FRIEND GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS BLOG AND CLICK ON THE ENVELOPE.

There are over 600 stories and commentaries on this blog. It is added to daily.
 
GOD’S LOVE IS FOREVER

In the 4th century AD in Korea a man had two sons. The elder rose to become Chief Justice in the land and the younger became an infamous bandit.

The elder brother loved his younger brother but was unable to persuade him to change his ways.

Eventually the younger son was caught and brought before his brother, the Chief Justice. Everyone in the courtroom thought the younger brother would get off because it was well known that the Chief Justice loved his brother

But at then end of the trial, the Chief Justice sentenced his brother to death.

On the day of the execution, the elder brother came to the prison and said to his brother “Let’s swap places”. The younger brother agreed thinking that once they realized that it was the elder brother, the execution would not go forward.

On he went up on the hill to watch proceedings. His brother was brought out at dawn and to his horror executed.

Filled with remorse, he ran down the hill and told the guard his name and that he was the criminal who should be executed. The guards said to him.

“There is no sentence outstanding on anyone with that name”

In the same way, Christ has died for our sins so there is no sentence outstanding. All we have to do is to accept his death in our place.

 
     “Come into my heart, Lord Jesus,” and it is a hymn dedicated to reducing the number of mistakes in your life.  Jesus standing at the door knocking and when we open it, inviting Him in.  Even better, showing a willingness to make Him a regular member of the family.

In a mission school one little boy daily caused a great deal of trouble.  He broke all the rules and no one could reason with him.  His language was foul.  His attitude was one of no remorse for anything he said or did.  Finally, one day one of the staff called him into his office and said, “I’m not happy with how you’ve been acting.”  And as he spoke he rolled up his sleeve, picked up a needle and said, “Because of the way you’ve been behaving I’m going to stick this needle in my arm.”

The little boy looked more frightened by the moment.  Then he began to cry and said, ”Don’t do that.  Please don’t do that.  It will hurt you.”

“No more than how you have been behaving has hurt me,” came back the reply.  Then he thrust the needle deep.  As the blood began to flow the little boy threw himself into the teacher’s arms, and weeping said, “I didn’t know how much you loved me.  Please forgive me.  Please forgive me.”

Over 2000 years ago, blood was shed upon a cross to show how much Jesus loved us.  To wipe away the sins of our lives. 

Think about it.  As little children we blamed rocks when we tripped over them and fell, and trees when we fell out of  them.  But we are adults now, and it is time to put away such childish ways.  Whether we blame  impersonal objects or other people, it’s time to grow up.  To be spiritually matured, seeking God and finding a Father.

 
QUOTES FROM
SIXTY PLUS AND NOT HOLDING
 
 
(Serialization of One of Neil’s book that can be found on his other blog Wyrick’s Writings)

I almost drowned once. It is a terrifying experience. One gets very used to breathing. I had taught swimming in summer camp. Passed the Red Cross Life Saving course. Water-skied 50 miles an hour. Now I found I could not even stand to have the water flow over my face when I took a shower. 

So I had two choices. Give in to my fear or fight it.

I fought it. Stuck my head in a few inches of water in a basin for five seconds, then ten and finally a minute. I kept working on my private demon until one day, six month later, I was behind a ski boat with ski rope in hand. I was filled with panic, not just fear. I skied anyway. I fell and did not drown. I began to overcome the anxiety.

I refused to have a love affair with fear that could have become a permanent downer. Did I completely conquer my fear? No. Was I better off than if I had given in? Definitely.

----- ------ ---------- A number of years ago two scientists conducted an experiment with a sheep. They tied a piece of wire around the leg of a normal sheep in the midst of other sheep. Then at regular intervals they would send an electric shock through the wire making the leg twitch. The sheep’s behavior remained normal. He ate well, slept well, acted quite nicely, twitching appendage and all. Then the scientists added another factor.

They began to ring a bell ten seconds before they administered the shock. Within a very short period of time the sheep began to demonstrate all the symptoms of severe anxiety neurosis. His eating habits went from bad to worse. He couldn't sleep. He took to avoiding the other sheep. He became highly nervous and agitated.

It is the same with all the people who every day promise themselves it is going to be a bad day, and then work very hard at making their prophecy come true.

Click below to go to the blog

Christianity by Reflex…new series began
Wyrick’S Writings..and will continue each week until finished.
 
CLICK BELOW TO GO TO NEIL’S OTHER BLOG
 


 
Some recent topic titles on his other blog, Wyrick’s Writings are:ONE LOG ON A FIRE, TWO JOLLY GREEN GIANTS; LOVE AND FORGIVENESS, WISDOM IS.WHAT IS HAPPY,60 PLUS AND NOT HOLDING
 
CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING URL
 

No comments:

Post a Comment