Tuesday, August 22, 2017

A PRAYER

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEND THIS BLOG TO A FRIEND GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS BLOG AND CLICK ON THE ENVELOPE.


There are over 600 stories and commentaries on this blog. It is added to daily.

Visit Neil’s other blog Wyrick’s Writings

Click below to go to the blog
 

Dear Lord,

May we not walk in darkness and then foolishly refuse to turn on the light of Christ to guide us.  May we not praise our own arrogance to the point we are worshiping our own ignorance.  Save us executing our intelligence by our sometimes immaturity.  May we not make friends of those who most certainly will lead us astray unless we are willing to lead the both of us in proper directions.  May we be wise enough to discern good advice from bad and the strength to follow good advice to its end.  Help us to make our lives a sunlit garden rather than a sunless garden…a garden lit by the advice of the Holy Spirit.
 
When all is said and done, may we have laughed often and loved with great compassion. And when we leave this planet earth, may it be a better place because we have lived and walked upon it. 

A  Quote FROM Rev. Wyrick’s 9TH BOOK “THE SPIRITUAL ABRAHAM LINCOLN”
 
This book is more than just a march down memory lane.  It is certainly not a search-and-destroy mission as are some historical efforts.  It is really a questing for an understanding of the man able to write, “He has the right to criticize who has the heart to help.”    “Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?”  “It is the duty of all nations as well as of men to owe their dependence upon the over ruling power of God.”1   “With malice toward none; with charity toward all; right, as God gives us to see the right…”2 
 
When a president continues to think and speak this way, often commenting on sin and mercy more like a preacher than a politician it is worth taking a second look.  When he called out for, “with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right,” 2 he did not just show humility.  Rather he asked for a national self-examination and that God might be at the center of such evaluation. 

Purchase from the author an autographed copy.
If you would like a short PERSONALIZED comment before the signature such as “To Mary”…or “happy birthday Mark” …or “Hope you enjoy reading this”…just enclose your wish along with a check for $10 (free shipping and handling) to:
 
Pageantry Inc., The Church Without Walls”
7430 SW 59th Street
Miami, Florida 33143

QUOTES FROM
SIXTY PLUS AND NOT HOLDING
 
 (Serialization of One of Neil’s book that can be found on his other blog Wyrick’s Writings)

I almost drowned once. It is a terrifying experience. One gets very used to breathing. I had taught swimming in summer camp. Passed the Red Cross Life Saving course. Water-skied 50 miles an hour. Now I found I could not even stand to have the water flow over my face when I took a shower. 

So I had two choices. Give in to my fear or fight it.

I fought it. Stuck my head in a few inches of water in a basin for five seconds, then ten and finally a minute. I kept working on my private demon until one day, six month later, I was behind a ski boat with ski rope in hand. I was filled with panic, not just fear. I skied anyway. I fell and did not drown. I began to overcome the anxiety.

I refused to have a love affair with fear that could have become a permanent downer. Did I completely conquer my fear? No. Was I better off than if I had given in? Definitely.

----- ------ ---------- A number of years ago two scientists conducted an experiment with a sheep. They tied a piece of wire around the leg of a normal sheep in the midst of other sheep. Then at regular intervals they would send an electric shock through the wire making the leg twitch. The sheep’s behavior remained normal. He ate well, slept well, acted quite nicely, twitching appendage and all. Then the scientists added another factor.

They began to ring a bell ten seconds before they administered the shock. Within a very short period of time the sheep began to demonstrate all the symptoms of severe anxiety neurosis. His eating habits went from bad to worse. He couldn't sleep. He took to avoiding the other sheep. He became highly nervous and agitated.

It is the same with all the people who every day promise themselves it is going to be a bad day, and then work very hard at making their prophecy come true.

 
Click below to go to the blog
 

Christianity by Reflex…new series began
Wyrick’S Writings..and will continue each Thursday until finished.
 
CLICK BELOW TO GO TO NEIL’S OTHER BLOG
 

Some recent topic titles on his other blog, Wyrick’s Writings are:ONE LOG ON A FIRE, TWO JOLLY GREEN GIANTS; LOVE AND FORGIVENESS, WISDOM IS.WHAT IS HAPPY,60 PLUS AND NOT HOLDING

CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING URL
 
 
********************************
    
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment