Wednesday, August 30, 2017

A STRANGER CALLED YOUR CONSCIENCE?


IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEND THIS BLOG TO A FRIEND GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS BLOG AND CLICK ON THE ENVELOPE.

There are over 600 stories and commentaries on this blog. It is added to daily.

Visit Neil’s other blog Wyrick’s WritingsI

Click below to go to the blog
 
The Galilee Gallery
and other·
NEW TESTAMENT CHARACTERS
You OUGHT TO KNOW BETTER
Series
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
"She won't listen to her conscience. She doesn't want to take advice from a total stranger." 

How do you look at your conscience?  As an enemy or a friend?  It has had to struggle with social norms which are certainly not always right. 

I quote Martin Luther King quite often but then Martin made some startling astute statements.

Four decades ago he stood up before a large audience of many strata of society and he said the following, “We must shift from a “thing” oriented society to a “person-oriented society.

When machines and computers, profit motives and property and militarism are incapable of being conquered.

A civilization can flounder as readily in the face of moral and spiritual bankruptcy as it can through financial bankruptcy.”

I guess it all boils down to deciding which is most important, to feel good or do good because some sins are fun or profitable or both (else wise why would people do them), conform or change, be booed for daring to suggest the moral climate needs adjustment or receiving applause because you simply are willing to go with the immoral flow.
           
The poem is too long to quote all of it so I quote only the first stanza.
I have to live with myself, and so
I want to be fit for myself to know,
I want to be able, as days go by,
Always to look myself straight in the eye; 
I don't want to stand, with the setting sun, And hate myself for the things I've done.
THE SPIRITUAL ABRAHAM LINCOLN
A book superior in style and content)
A  Quote FROM Rev. Wyrick’s 9TH BOOK “THE SPIRITUAL ABRAHAM LINCOLN”

Would it have made any difference if the man who was President of the United States during the Civil War had not been a Christian?  It took the lives of over six hundred thousand young men, one in every five of the country’s best, so it is no small question to ask.  Is there always the danger that a Christian leader will still be arrogant, angry and more than willing to shape pruning hooks into spears?7  Unfortunately, yes.  But not Abe.  His words spell out clearly how he felt about solutions by the sword.  “The man does not live who is more devoted to peace than I am.  None who would do more to preserve it.”

Purchase from the author an autographed copy. If you would like a short PERSONALIZED comment before the signature such as “To Mary”…or “happy birthday Mark” …or “Hope you enjoy reading this”…just enclose your wish along with a check for $10 (free shipping and handling) to:

And receive a bonus, Neil's "Poor Richard’s Almanack for the 20th century" (written as if Ben Franklin had come back to life in the 20th century was making commentary on what he was seeing.)

Pageantry Inc., The Church Without Walls”
7430 SW 59th Street
 Miami, Florida 33143
 
QUOTES FROM
SIXTY PLUS AND NOT HOLDING
 
 
(Serialization of One of Neil’s book that can be found on his other blog Wyrick’s Writings)

I almost drowned once. It is a terrifying experience. One gets very used to breathing. I had taught swimming in summer camp. Passed the Red Cross Life Saving course. Water-skied 50 miles an hour. Now I found I could not even stand to have the water flow over my face when I took a shower. 

So I had two choices. Give in to my fear or fight it.

I fought it. Stuck my head in a few inches of water in a basin for five seconds, then ten and finally a minute. I kept working on my private demon until one day, six month later, I was behind a ski boat with ski rope in hand. I was filled with panic, not just fear. I skied anyway. I fell and did not drown. I began to overcome the anxiety.

I refused to have a love affair with fear that could have become a permanent downer. Did I completely conquer my fear? No. Was I better off than if I had given in? Definitely.

----- ------ ---------- A number of years ago two scientists conducted an experiment with a sheep. They tied a piece of wire around the leg of a normal sheep in the midst of other sheep. Then at regular intervals they would send an electric shock through the wire making the leg twitch. The sheep’s behavior remained normal. He ate well, slept well, acted quite nicely, twitching appendage and all. Then the scientists added another factor.

They began to ring a bell ten seconds before they administered the shock. Within a very short period of time the sheep began to demonstrate all the symptoms of severe anxiety neurosis. His eating habits went from bad to worse. He couldn't sleep. He took to avoiding the other sheep. He became highly nervous and agitated.

It is the same with all the people who every day promise themselves it is going to be a bad day, and then work very hard at making their prophecy come true.

 
Click below to go to the blog
 


Christianity by Reflex…new series began
Wyrick’s Writings..and will continue each week until finished.
 
CLICK BELOW TO GO TO NEIL’S OTHER BLOG
 

 
Some recent topic titles on his other blog, Wyrick’s Writings are:ONE LOG ON A FIRE, TWO JOLLY GREEN GIANTS; LOVE AND FORGIVENESS, WISDOM IS.WHAT IS HAPPY,60 PLUS AND NOT HOLDING

CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING URL
 
 
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

No comments:

Post a Comment