Wednesday, October 19, 2016

GOD KNOWS BEST OR YOU KNOW BEST…WHICH IS IT?

*****************************************
If you would like to share
this blog with a friend copy
paste and send this blog by email

or keep this URL


http://oneadayyourspiritualvitamins.blogspot.com

IN YOUR FAVORITES
and suggest they do the same


They're changed daily

******************************************

It has been many many decades since I saw a stage play called GREEN PASTURES but I have never forgotten it. In this presentation God is kind of like a master chef at a gigantic fish fry…a cosmic bellhop ready to respond to every summons..

But even then, I thought to myself, “Such a God would not truly be a loving God.


If all I had to do was to say, “God, let it rain!”,,,and it rained; or “God let the sun shine!”,,,and the sun shone; or “God, let Joe die and Mike live!”,,,if by prayer I had literally the power of life, death and creation…God would not be a God of love but a foolish God listening to a mortal man who could not in his wildest dreams understand the complexities of time and destiny.


And I thought then and I certainly know now that such a God would not be God but something I had conjured up…and a poor conjuring at that.


I want the Biblical God. I want a God who is kind but also just, who listens to my prayers but does not always say “Yes” because in the long run his “No” will make the ultimate sense.
The Apostle Paul (Moffett translation) writes, “Trouble produces endurance, endurance produces character and character produces hope.”
*******************************************
A New Series on

PAIN AND PROBLEMS

began on his other blog “Wyrick’s Writings”

and will continue until finished.

Then a new Series on PRAYER will begin..

To read these and a variety of topics

CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING URL below


http://wyrickswritings.blogspot.com/
*******************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment