Thursday, December 17, 2009

MORE ON "DO YOU SPEAK CHRISTMAS?"

These thoughts are added to each day. Scroll down and read previous One A Days.)
(Use in your personal or church newsletters) (365 stories a year)

It was 10 years ago, but I remember it like it was yesterday. He sat there before me and his 74 year old shoulders sagged with the memory of that awful Christmas morn so many years ago. Then he told his story. “I had received a new pair of pants for Christmas. It was the depression and that was not an every day occurrence. While visiting a friend I tore them on the fender of his father’s car. I can still hear my mother screaming at me. I can still remember the rest of Christmas day raking leaves in the backyard as my punishment. It wasn’t the first Christmas she had ruined. It wouldn’t be the last. Mother believed in Christ and she believed in his teachings but she didn’t speak Christmas.”
Tears rolled down his cheeks and I thought to myself, She knew the words but she couldn’t sing the tune. When you go to sleep Christmas Eve, let the last word that lingers on your lips be JESUS. And next morn as you awaken let the word JESUS be the first to escape. Before you ever get out of bed, with your eyes still closed and your being coming alive, pray something like the following, “Dear Lord, I love my family so very much. Let me show it. Let me not ruin this Christmas day, and God forbid it be worded, “Let me not ruin another Christmas.” May they never have to say, “I guess dad loves us, I guess mom loves us, but it sure would be nice if they acted like it a little more often.” Pray a dozen times, if that’s what it takes, “Lord, on this Christmas day let me speak Christmas without ceasing. Let me practice a loving patience that is beyond duty… that is beyond compare.”


”A patient man has great understanding, but a quick-tempered man displays folly.” Proverbs 14:29


GO TO NEIL’S OTHER BLOG. Go to Google Search and type in “Wyrick’s Writings”

Recent Titles on “WYRICK’S WRITINGS SITE”…
“MORE ON “DO YOU SPEAK CHRISTMAS”
Recent Titles on “WYRICK’S WRITINGS SITE”…
Dec 10 TAKE TWO ASPIRIN AND PUNT
Dec 3 GOD HAD A DREAM
Dec 1…THE SECRET POWER OF THE SECOND MILE
NOV 25…ARE YOU A SPIRITUAL ANOREXIC? ARE YOU READY WITH READINESS?
Nov 11 LIFE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF FOREVER,
Nov 4…AN UNEXPECTED HIGHWAY TO SUCCESS
Nov 1 …ARE YOU SNIFF AND SNUFF OR HEM AND HAW?

Have you visited my “Life Is Not What It Is But What You Make It” site. Go to Google and where it says “Google Search” type in “Wyrick’s Writings”
Or type in the URL http://wyrickswritings.blogspot.com/

Have you considered sharing this site with family or friends? Just have them go to Google Search and type in “Neil Spiritual Vitamins”.
Or type in the URL http://oneadayyourspiritualvitamins.blogspot.com/

And, yes, maybe they will back track a few weeks to read other of my musings.

DO YOU HAVE A BLOG OR FACEBOOK? IF YOU ENJOY THESE WRITINGS COULD YOU CALL ATTENTION TO THIS BLOG? IF YOU DO, THANKS IN ADVANCE.

No comments:

Post a Comment