Tuesday, December 8, 2009

AN IDENTITY CRISIS?

These thoughts are added to each day. Scroll down and read previous One A Days.)
(Use in your personal or church newsletters) (365 stories a year)

When Charles Wesley came to America as a missionary he didn’t succeed too well.

Chief Tomo Chichi one day told him why.

The old Indian, after patiently listening to Charles, finally interrupted with these words, “Christians steal. Christians beat men. Christians keep slaves. Why me want to be Christian?”

One thing is for sure, the world is watching.

Which reminds me of a man who one day said to me, “I have never met a Christian. I have met Presbyterians and Methodists and Baptists, but I have never met a Christian.”

It can be argued he hadn’t tried very hard or that he suffered from spiritual blindness, but nevertheless, this was his conclusion. And his conclusion did not lead him to Christ.

If a runner says he is a runner and does not run, one begins to harbor doubts if he is seriously a runner.

If one claims to be an artist but paints no pictures one begins to doubt he or she is an artist.

If a Christian claims Christ but acts like the devil it does set the world to wondering.

Such a power we have to influence those around us. Such a responsibly. And when in the midst of our imperfection we manage a moment of inspiration, what a truly great moment that is.
. Every year I live I am more convinced that the waste of life lies in the love we have not given, the powers we have not used, the selfish prudence that will risk nothing, and which shirking pain, misses happiness as well. No one ever yet was the poorer in the long run for having once in a lifetime "let out all the length of all the reins."--Mary Cholomondeley

The first question here, then, is not "What is best for my soul?" nor is it even "What is most useful to humanity?" But--transcending both these limited aims--what function must this life fulfill in the great and secret economy of God?--Evelyn Underhill (The Spiritual Life)

The greatest thing is, at any moment, to be willing to give up who we are in order to become all that we can be.--Max De Pree

I am still learning--how to take joy in all the people I am, how to use all my selves in the service of what I believe, how to accept when I fail and rejoice when I succeed.--Audre Lorde

I will permit no man to narrow and degrade my soul by making me hate him.--Booker T. Washington

I would be true, for there are those who trust me;
I would be pure, for there are those who care;
I would be strong, for there is much to suffer;
I would be brave, for there is much to dare.--Howard Arnold Walter ("I Would Be True")

Recent Titles on “WYRICK’S WRITINGS SITE”…
Dec 3 GOD HAD A DREAM
Dec 1…THE SECRET POWER OF THE SECOND MILE
NOV 25…ARE YOU A SPIRITUAL ANOREXIC? ARE YOU READY WITH READINESS?
Nov 11 LIFE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF FOREVER,
Nov 4…AN UNEXPECTED HIGHWAY TO SUCCESS
Nov…ARE YOU SNIFF AND SNUFF OR HEM AND HAW?

Have you visited my “Life Is Not What It Is But What You Make It” site. Go to Google and where it says “Google Search” type in “Wyrick’s Writings”
Or type in the URL http://wyrickswritings.blogspot.com/

Have you considered sharing this site with family or friends? Just have them go to Google Search and type in “Neil Spiritual Vitamins”.
Or type in the URL http://oneadayyourspiritualvitamins.blogspot.com/

And, yes, maybe they will back track a few weeks to read other of my musings.

DO YOU HAVE A BLOG OR FACEBOOK? IF YOU ENJOY THESE WRITINGS COULD YOU CALL ATTENTION TO THIS BLOG? IF YOU DO, THANKS IN ADVANCE.

No comments:

Post a Comment