Wednesday, December 2, 2009

ARE YOU A WIGGLER?

These thoughts are added to each day. Scroll down and read previous One A Days.)
(Use in your personal or church newsletters) (365 stories a year)

It was the time of Noah and he and God had had a talk, an agreement really. But at the moment it was a promise that was not being fulfilled.

God is speaking, “Noah, where is the ark which I commanded you to build?”

And Noah with confidence explains, “Well, you see, Lord, it’s like this. Three of my carpenters have called in sick. And besides that, the gopher wood supplier has really let me down. It’s on order but I can’t get any action over there in the lumber yard.

Some of my subcontractors have gone bankrupt and the price of pitch has gone up tremendously ever since the suppliers found out about my great need.” Noah paused for breath for only a moment.

He felt he was making a good case and he didn’t want to lose his momentum. “All the unions have gone on strike. They know they have me in a bind. Even my three sons Shem, Ham and Japheth spend more time arguing than working.”

Suddenly, the Lord interrupts him. “What about the animals, the male and female of every species that I ordered to be brought aboard.”

Noah answers with less confidence now, “They were delivered to the wrong address. I am assured someone is working on it night and day. Lord, I really am trying, but you know how it is.”

And the voice of the Lord rumbles as He replies, “Noah, my son, I do know how it is. Why else do you think I am causing a flood to descend upon the earth.” (rewrite of story by an anonymous writer)

The Bible is filled with folk who make excuses where there really is no excuse.

Remember Jesus and his excuse parable? He tells of how a great dinner was to be given but then excuses from those invited to attend began to pour in.

The first excuse, “I have bought a piece of land and I must go out and see it. Please accept my regrets.”

Another excuse; “I have bought five yoke of oxen. I am going to try them out so I cannot attend. Please accept my apologies.”

And yet another, “I have just been married and therefore I cannot come.”

No matter whether it is in Biblical times or in our 21st century, the point of the matter is, one excuse is NOT as good as another when you or I fail to do what we know we are supposed to.

Oh yes, we know the truth well…The human tendency is to try to wiggle out.

“I’m sorry.” “I was wrong”. A very large number of people can’t say these words. Don’t say these words. Unfortunately never will say these words.

So each time we make an excuse when we should be busy making a better life, it behooves all of us to remember that the eyes of heaven are upon us.

And when we, therefore, let our lives become garbage dumps of rationalizations, I think God may weep, for He knows what we could be. , And perhaps momentarily some angelic voices sing off key.


"Repent! And turn from all your transgressions, so iniquity will not be your ruin. Ezekiel 18:30-32

Recent Titles on “WYRICK’S WRITINGS SITE”…
Dec 1…THE SECRET POWER OF THE SECOND MILE
NOV 25…ARE YOU A SPIRITUAL ANOREXIC? ARE YOU READY WITH READINESS?
Nov 11 LIFE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF FOREVER,
Nov 4…AN UNEXPECTED HIGHWAY TO SUCCESS
Nov…ARE YOU SNIFF AND SNUFF OR HEM AND HAW?

Have you visited my “Life Is Not What It Is But What You Make It” site. Go to Google and where it says “Google Search” type in “Wyrick’s Writings”
Or type in the URL http://wyrickswritings.blogspot.com/

Have you considered sharing this site with family or friends? Just have them go to Google Search and type in “Neil Spiritual Vitamins”.
Or type in the URL http://oneadayyourspiritualvitamins.blogspot.com/

And, yes, maybe they will back track a few weeks to read other of my musings.

DO YOU HAVE A BLOG OR FACEBOOK? IF YOU ENJOY THESE WRITINGS COULD YOU CALL ATTENTION TO THIS BLOG? IF YOU DO, THANKS IN ADVANCE.

No comments:

Post a Comment