Sunday, December 25, 2016

CHRISTMAS TREES ALONG THE TRENCHES

***********************************
If you would like to share
this blog with a friend copy
paste and send this blog by email


or keep this URL


http://oneadayyourspiritualvitamins.blogspot.com

IN YOUR FAVORITES
and suggest they do the same


They are changed daily.

***********************************
It was World War I and German were on one side and American, French and English on the other.

 
It was Christmas Eve and rather than celebrating the Prince of Peace Christians on both sides held bayonets in hand ready to go forth in battle.
 
On the German side Christmas trees were lined five feet apart the complete length of all the trenches.


The whole tabloid was ironic to say the least.
 
When the time came for a new battle to start neither side moved.
 
Then a beautiful operatic voice broke through the night singing “Stille Nachte.” One of the German soldier had brought his opera wife to the front.
 
Gradually, voices from both sides began to mingle in the darkness as Silent Night was sung in all the different languages.
Then one soldier embolden by it all picked up a tree and stepped out into No Man’s land carrying one of the trees, it’s candle wavering in the faint evening breeze.

 
And then another soldier arose from a trench carrying another Christmas tree.


In a short time the light from the trees and the song were filling the night with a different kind of light.
It was a cease fire that the officers acknowledged though there was nothing official about it.
 
Now the soldiers were talking, those who were bilingual translating for those who were not.
 
They began sharing pictures of their families and talking about their homes.


When finally they returned to their trenches…nothing was the same.


They could no longer fight in the same way.


They began to tip each other off when an air raid was to take place so each could take cover.
 
And both sides began finding shelter and safety in each others bunkers.
 
It got so bad or good depending on how one wishes to describe it…that all the battalions were broken up and the soldiers individually sent to other units.
 
For these soldiers now had a completely different attitude toward each other…
 
And as I first read this story and now relate it…I got to thinking…that…
on this Christmas eve night there are families who are in the trenches harboring hurt feelings and lingering feuds and… oh…if both sides…where there are sides would come out of the trenches…and wear forgiveness on their sleeves and take the chips off their shoulders…and tomorrow on Christmas Day give the gift of love…and say “I am sorry”…and the apologies accepted…
 
And for those of us for whom there are no family feuds or whatever one chooses to call them…thanks be to God in His heavens.
**************************************
“I give you a new commandment: that you should love one another. Just as I have loved you, so you too should love one another.” (John 13: 34)

**************************************
QUOTE FROM TOMORROW’S ONE A DAY blog entitled I AM CHRISTMAS
 
“I am Christmas. I am the wide eyes of a child at break of Christmas Day. I am the somber look of an old man’s memory. I am the holy look of Christ’s worshipers in prayer. I am the glad, great cry of the carolers in the winter night.
I am Christmas. I have looked on the first star of Bethlehem. I saw, on the first Christmas Eve, three wise men. I felt the presence of shepherds in their awe. I perceived the Christ child in his crib.


I am Christmas. I have gathered many symbols around about me. I have my fir tree from Germany. I have my yuletide from Jol in Iceland. I have…”
 ******************************************

BELOW IS A QUOTE FROM A NEW SERIESA HEAVENLY CONSTRUCTION PROGRAM(1st in series) (on Wyrick’s Writing’s)
 
click on URL below to go to Wyrick’s Writings

http://wyrickswritings.blogspot.com/


…“in the world of man” identities are stolen all the time. It happened to us two summers ago.


Someone reached into my wife’s purse and stole her identity. Went around proving they were her to a world that was more than willing to accept as fact what was obviously a lie.
We straightened it out, but for a short time “the things that man looks at” created an identity crisis.
But with God? No identity theft will ever take place. He knows who we are, the good and the bad and the in-between. And He loves us despite what He sees rather than because. (ON WYRICK’S WRITINGS)
***********************************

No comments:

Post a Comment