Thursday, December 8, 2016

BELIEVE IN PEOPLE

******************************
If you would like to share
this blog with a friend copy
paste and send this blog by email


or keep this URL


http://oneadayyourspiritualvitamins.blogspot.com

IN YOUR FAVORITES
and suggest they do the same


They are changed daily.

*****************************

I TALKED TO A MAN THE OTHER DAY WHO MADE A WONDERFUL, SIMPLE STATEMENT.

He said, “I believe in people.”
I hope you are not so cynical you no longer believe in people.

I hope a few bad apples have not caused you to call the whole bushel of humanity, rotten.
I hope you still have the glow of hope about you, and that you can say with the Psalmists “Surely Goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life.”
Indeed, remember….life is not only what it is and people are not just what they are but what we bring to life and our attitude toward people as we meet them…and…


Indeed…Abraham Lincoln was once heard to say, “I don’t like that man. I must get to know him better. "


Nor should we forget that we can make people more likeable by being more likeable to people.

You may not have a great deal of success in making some people nicer but you can certainly have a great deal of success in making them worse.
 
Try turning up your sleeves and working at finding the best in people…it certainly better than turning up your nose.


Was it the man or your mood that made your first impression of him (or her) recently?

Indeed, you and I are sculptures for we are constantly shaping the personalities of those around us.
So…ask yourself how often you are sarcastic while feeding your own vanity, how often you break in with an opinion when others are speaking because you have something important to say, how often you find fault with folk and make sure others are aware of these faults you have found.

How often do you give advice that people did not ask for and may not be that good advice to boot?


Yep, I’ve given advice that I wish I had thought through more before I gave it.


When you walk out the door in the morning do you wear a mantle of superiority and leave behind any traces of humility on your doorstep?
Are you envious on a regular basis and is it obvious?

*********************************

A new series on PRAYER has begun.
To read a serialization of his International published Novel “RUST ON MY SOUL” visit this site.

CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING URL below to reach this
Wyrick’s Writings site


http://wyrickswritings.blogspot.com/

*****************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment