Thursday, December 15, 2016

A FOUR STEP PROGRAM TO BETTERMENT OR A NO STEP PROGRAM TO…(2ND IN BRIEF SERIES)

*********************************
If you would like to share
this blog with a friend copy
paste and send this blog by email


or keep this URL


http://oneadayyourspiritualvitamins.blogspot.com

IN YOUR FAVORITES
and suggest they do the same


They are changed daily.


*********************************
Some years ago, two men delivered in turn two addreses to a large British University. The first man was Benjamin Disraeli
He said, “If you would succeed, know the temper and spirit of the times in which you live and act accordingly.” 

The second man William Gladstone had quite a different message, “Do not drift with the age. Have fixed principles and stand by them.” 

The backbone or a jelly fish. There is a difference now isn’t there. 

It may be easier being a sheep that is being sheared than an Eagle flying in the rough and dangerous exposed rocks of a mountain top but… 

And I remember a long time ago as I grew older and joined civilization…I must decide who and what will control my mind… 
...and why, if at all, I will let them…and I fell to my knees and I prayed “Not my will dear Lord…but thine.” And may you have prayed the prayer as well. 


And I prayed also…and will you pray this prayer with me too…”Lord, do not let me follow the loudest voice or the greatest repetitions. Rather let me in quiet meditation listen to the soft but solid teaching of my Lord.” 


And I thought of the old Chinese Proverb “One dog barks at something, and a hundred bark at the bark. “ 


And I prayed yet another prayer, “Let me not bark up the wrong tree.” 
*******************************************

1 Peter 1:14
“As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance…”

*******************************************

QUOTE FROM TOMORROWS BLOG entitled BY EXAMPLE
“live your life so you are a good example to follow rather than a warning sign to be avoided.” 

******************************************
A new series on PRAYER has begun on WYRICK’S WRITINGS.

To read a Serialization of his International published Novel “RUST ON MY SOUL” visit this site.

CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING URL below to reach this Wyrick’s Writings site

http://wyrickswritings.blogspot.com/ 

****************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment