Wednesday, September 7, 2016

ONCE UPON A TIME THERE WAS A LITTLE CHILD…

If you would like to share this blog with a friend, copy paste and send this blog.
**********************************************************
His hair was golden from the sun, his heart golden so newly come from God.

He met his mornings with laughter. All kind of things were funny, or good or just plain nice.

He liked to curl his toes in the mud. He had a friend and sometimes they didn’t do anything particularly significant.

They just practiced friendship.

Sometimes when he said his prayers at night, he felt like he’d like to raise up and put his arms around God’s neck, give Him a good nights kiss, and say, “Gosh, it’s nice in this ole world. Even if I did get stung by a bee this morning, and stubbed my toe just before supper.

Gosh, its nice this world.”


God felt that close to him and it was good.

But then he grew up. He learned bad habits he was forced to defend.

Somewhere along the way he got too busy for God so that he never prayed at night anymore and Sunday mornings became an occasional burden.

And smart, he got very smart! So smart that he could damn God without blinking an eye, and friends – many of his friends he judged only by what he could get out of them.

His hair got so it wasn’t so golden anymore and neither was his heart.

Someone has said that the final judgment of any society is the kind of individuals it turns out. I would suggest that the final judgment of any individual is also the kind of society he or she turns out.
****************************************************************
"The righteous keep moving forward, and those with clean hands become stronger and stronger..." Job 17:9

"I love you, Lord; you are my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety." Psalm 18: 1-2

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song." Psalm 28:7

******************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment