Monday, September 19, 2016

ANGEL WINGS

If you would like to share this blog with a friend copy paste and send this blog by email
or
keep this URL
IN YOUR FAVORITES
and suggest they do the same
They re changed daily
*****************************************************************
As the man of great serenity told it…he reminds us that it was not always so with him.

He told of how it was in the late 1920’s and he was a very young and very successful businessman, making money fast and spending it even faster, in love with himself for what a tremendous man he was.
And then came Black Friday and the depression and he lost everything.

And it was too much.

Too much drinking, easily became alcoholism and he went off by himself to a small beach cottage he still possessed to drink himself into oblivion.


While there, he decided the best thing he could do was to walk into the sea, swim out beyond the point of no return and drown.So he, while the sky was angry red with the first rush of dawn, shakily made his way out the door, down to the beach and just at the water’s edge, he noticed something glittering in the sand.
He reached down, picked it up and held it gently in his hand. It was a fragile thing. He recalls how it seemed just the least pressure from his fingers would have crushed it, yet here it was, undamaged, perfect.


And then he realized he was asking himself a question, “How is it possible that this fragile piece of shell has withstood the pounding of the surf on this hard packed sand?”

And then it became quite clear.

It had done so by yielding to the frantic forces around it.

It had accepted the storm that had flung it there. It had accepted the stillness of the depths where it had had its beginning.
And then this man explains his serenity. He puts it this way…
“All at once I saw myself, battling against the inevitable, beating my fists against fate, when I should have been accepting with faith. I don’t know how long I stood there, but finally, when I turned away from the sea, I took the shell with me. I’ve had it ever since.”
And oh yes…all shells have names. The name of this particular shell is “ANGEL’S WINGS.”
********************************************************************
"The LORD is my light and my salvation;
whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life;
of whom shall I be afraid?”
—Psalm 27:1
********************************************************************
To view the blog that has the serialization
 OF HIS NOVEL “RUST ON MY SOUL”
and innovative thoughts on
a variety of subjects CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING URL

http://wyrickswritings.blogspot.com/ ********************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment