Sunday, September 25, 2016

MEMORIES

****************************************************************
If you would like to share this blog
with a friend copy paste and
send this blog by email
or
keep this URL
 
IN YOUR FAVORITES
and suggest they do the same.
They re changed daily
******************************************************************
There is an ancient Greek legend that speaks to life.


It is about the River Styx and the ferryman who carried passengers to the land of the departed souls. One day as the legend tells it, a woman about to be ferried across the river is told by Charon, that is her privilege, by custom to drink of the waters of the river and forget everything that happened in the life before.

And she asks, “I drink of these waters, will I forget all my suffering?”


“Yes” replies Charon, “and you will forget all your joys.”
“And if I drink, will I forget all my failures,” And again she hears the answer, “Yes, and you will forget all your triumphs, “
“And will I forget all how much I have been hated?”

“Yes,” is the reply, “and you will forget how much you have been loved.”
“Then”, she says with a voice firm and a mind made up “I will not drink.”
********************************************************************
To view the blog that has
 
the serialization OF HIS NOVEL
“RUST ON MY SOUL” and innovative thoughts on a
variety of subjects
 
CLICK ON THE

No comments:

Post a Comment