Saturday, September 17, 2016

COOPERATE WITH THE INEVITABLE

If you would like to share this blog with a friend copy paste and send this blog by email
or
keep this URL
IN YOUR FAVORITES
and suggest they do the same
They're changed daily
************************************************************
Someone has suggested that anxiety is dealt a staggering blow when we learn to cooperate with the inevitable.”


We make plans to run a race and break a leg.

We make an appointment and our watch stops.

We go fishing and the only thing we catch is a bad cold from a thunderstorm.

The inevitable is certain even if it is not always kind and the soon we accept it the better.

In fact, I have a favorite prayer I pray when my personal miseries are running rampant, “Lord, if I cannot like it, let me learn from it. At least then it will not be a total waste of time. Amen.”
 
Members of A.A. have a prayer that echoes these sentiments, “God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.’


When Sir Henry Fawcett was a young man of twenty-five, he was blinded in a hunting accident. He had just graduated from Cambridge University as one of its most brilliant students and the world seemed like an apple rip for the picking.

His own comments on the accident are as follows, “Before twenty seconds had passed, I decided that not even this would hinder me from achieving the highest for which I was intended.” 
 He went on to become a professor in Cambridge, was later elected to Parliament and finally was appointed Postmaster Genera of the whole of England.This man of faith refused to use this incident to build a tower of fear.
He could have collected a dozen or so phobias. He didn’t.
He gave self pity the run around and perhaps this educated man quoted to himself word Longfellow once wrote, “Not in the clamor of the crowded street,
Not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng,
But in ourselves are triumph and defeat.”
Or perhaps he remembered the words of Isaiah, “But the Lord GOD helps me;
therefore I have not been disgraced;
therefore I have set my face like a flint,
and I know that I shall not be put to shame.”
—Isaiah 50:7
********************************************************************
To view the blog that has the serialization OF HIS NOVEL “RUST ON MY SOUL” and innovative thoughts on a variety of subjects CLICK ON THE
FOLLOWING URL
http://wyrickswritings.blogspot.com/ ********************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment