Sunday, February 19, 2017

WATCH OUT MOUNTAIN

******************************
If you would like to share
this blog with a friend copy
paste and send this blog by email


or keep this URL

http://oneadayyourspiritualvitamins.blogspot.com

IN YOUR FAVORITES
and suggest they do the same


They are changed daily.

*************************************** 
A man named William Lloyd Garrison looked at slavery and grew ill. “There’s nothing you can do about it,” he was told.

But this man with hopes and dreams sold all he had to buy paper and ink to publish a paper called The Liberator.

 
Once, he was dragged through the streets of Boston on a halter. His friends deserted him. It would seem He was fighting a lost cause.
But today, in Boston, as a reminder of the slavery he helped to abolish, there stands his statue and on this monument his words of undying commitment to a cause: My country is the world, my countrymen are mankind. I am in earnest; I will not equivocate, I will not excuse. I will not retreat a single step, and I will be heard.

There are so many who have a dream or destiny that speaks to them and they pass these opportunities by.
 
These deeds or destinies need not be large. They can be no more than saying a friendly good morning to a homeless man on the way to work. They may be infinitely larger on the scale as you take the time to tell your wife or husband you love them or pause to truly listen to your child who is trying to tell you what they did in their day.

You mountain may be a molehill or it may truly be a mountain. You may be called to make a moral choice that will lose you your job but earn you kudos in the task of being a decent God fearing human being.


You may be called to give up your selfish ways if they have overwhelmed you and someone in your family chain will see it and be moved by it…and several generations down an act of generosity will move the world…you never know.


God willing you will not…faced with God’s commandment and your knowledge that you should do whatever it is you are chosing not to do…pass an opportunity by. God willing you will not fall victim to the mantra…”I can’t” or “I won’t.” We all have but when it happens it is not a day that is good.
 
In the daily battle to win out over procrastination or not be paralyzed by paranoia or whatever stops you from moving a mountain…may the Lord infuse you with that special strength that lies waiting for your prayerful call.

I am your brother and you are my Christian brothers and sisters and we share the common weaknesses of being human and the uncommon offer of the special grace of God.


May we seek it…and find it…and share it…
 
Remember Joshua, successor to Moses, survivor of forty years of wandering in the wilderness. Weary and worried, more than willing to forget the whole thing, but God sitting him up straight with the words, Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. (Joshua 1:9)

“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” (Phillipians 4:13) Paul said it and I agree. It’s a top-notch statement that deserves a first class approval rating. Paul and that tiny band of men who thought they’d convert the world believed it. Just think how it might have been if they had thought small and done nothing at all.


This kind of spiritual strength lets us be what we could never achieve on our own. Lets us live with the crude, the cruel, and the crass and still believe in the ultimate decency of man.
 
Lets us look at the mutilation caused by sick fanatics and say, “Thank you, God, that there is more to creation than the body.” A strength that lets me preach funerals and say with certitude, “Into Thy hands, Lord, we commend this immortal soul.”
That keeps me preaching and believing that men and women can change, and sinners can be saved, and wounds can be healed. It keeps my chin up and my prayers steady.
The Christian does not say, “I will never grow sick or die. I will have everything I want and be everything I desire.”
 
No.
 
Echoing the Psalmist words, In God I have put my trust, the believer warns, “Watch out world, I'm a giant. I can move mountains."
Put enough faith and hope in a human spirit and not just mountains, but even mountain ranges get moved.

Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
******************************************

DO YOU HAVE A BLOG OR FACEBOOK OR TWITTER? IF YOU ENJOY THESE WRITINGS COULD YOU CALL ATTENTION TO THIS BLOG? IF YOU DO, THANKS IN ADVANCE
******************************************

A quote below from ONE A DAY blog entitled WHAT IS WORSHIP “Worship is when we don’t feel we have to but truly want to.”
*********************************

TO VISIT Neil's other blog WYRICK’S WRITING (A variety of serializations; a novel on Sunday and Tuesday and Thursday varying subjects) (3 times a week added to)


CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING URL

http://wyrickswritings.blogspot.com

******************************* 
TO WATCH NEIL WYRICK IN HIS ONE MAN DRAMAS (Presented to millions all around the world) (Ben Franklin, Martin Luther, Charles Wesley and Abraham Lincoln (this Lincoln film takes 11 seconds to download but is worth the wait)
 
CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING

http://www.speakerneil.com/ **********************************

V. Neil Wyrick’s ninth book is THE SPIRITUAL ABRAHAM LINCOLN and is now available on amazon.com at some rather good discount prices (Also, available for your Kindle)


********************************

No comments:

Post a Comment