Sunday, July 31, 2016

SOUL STRENGTH

*************************************************************************
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEND THIS BLOG TO A FRIEND GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS BLOG AND CLICK ON THE ENVELOPE
*************************************************************************
He was neither a preacher nor a theologian with countless degrees, but his was a soul that knew God on a first name basis.

It is why when all four of Horatio Spafford’s daughters perished at sea, he still was able to write a hymn so many of us have sung, and more than once.

“When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows, like sea-billows, roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.”

It is what happens in the life of those who stretch their souls…therefore…a challenge…
In this world of storm, be a rainbow.
Stretch your soul so you can forgive and not otherwise be petty and full of pout.
Build towers of kindness where angels will want to gather and sing.
Raise up the sails of your soul and let them gather in the winds of God.

Be an Eagle and fly so high you can almost hear the pearly gates swinging open for yet another soul that also stretched and stretched and stretched some more.

Be soul-strong so that when the spirit of Auschwitz, or slavery, or racism, or any of like kin or kind seeks to live, you will destroy such thoughts. You will speak out, and when you have finished speaking,
People will know that you have stretched your soul.

Psalm 23:1-4
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.He makes me to lie down in green pastures;He leads me beside the still waters.He restores my soul;He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name's sake.Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,I will fear no evil;For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

************************************

NEIL’S 9TH BOOK “THE SPIRITUAL ABRAHAM LINCOLN” IS AVAILABLE ON Amazon.com’s KINDLE READER

***********************************
 

No comments:

Post a Comment