Tuesday, July 5, 2016

NOTHINGNESS

(Use in your personal or church newsletters) (365 stories a year)

Serialization of Neil’s Internationally Distributed Novel (Rust On My Soul) (Published by Bridge Press (1985) is available on his blog Wyrick’s Writings.

To view the blog that has this serialization CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING URL
 

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEND THIS BLOG TO A FRIEND GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS BLOG AND CLICK ON THE ENVELOPE.
**********************************************************

A well known but now deceased atheist and pessimist, Schopenhauer, was one day walking along a boulevard.

His mind was wandering also and therefore not watching where he was going so he bumped into a man who was coming from the other direction.

Angrily the man shouted at him, “Who do you think you are?”

To which a sad faced Schopenhauer replied, “How I wish I knew. How I wish I knew.”

To enter the abode of nothingness where nothingness is God is to never know or accept the truth that…

“He who formed our frame,
Made man a perfect whole;
And made the body’s health
Depend upon the soul.” (anonymous)

Ralph Waldo Emerson began to capture a profound and influencing truth when he wrote, “A man is what he thinks about all day long.”

Who am I? Who are you?

And who is God? And where are we in this eternal scheme of things? Well, I have quoted the following hymn more times than I can count because the magnificence of its answer is the magnificent miracle of our being and the magnificent concern our heavenly Father has for you and me.

“I sought the Lord and afterward I knew
He moved my soul to seek him, seeking me;
It was not I that found, O Savior true,
No, I was found of thee.

Thou didn’t reach forth Thy hand and mine enfold;
I walked and sank not on the storm-vexed sea,
‘Twas not so much that I on thee took hold,
As Thou, dear Lord, on me.

I find, I walk, I love, but, O the whole
of love is but my answer, Lord, to thee;
For thou wert long before-hand with my soul,
Always Thou lovest me.”

Who are we? We are children of the living God.

”Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God” John 1:12
 ************************
 
Have you considered sharing this site with family or friends? ANOTHER WAY OF DOING THIS…
 
Just have them go to Google Search and type in “Neil Spiritual Vitamins”
 
DO YOU HAVE A BLOG OR FACEBOOK? IF YOU ENJOY THESE WRITINGS COULD YOU CALL ATTENTION TO THIS BLOG? IF YOU DO, THANKS IN ADVANCE
 
NEIL’S 9TH BOOK “THE SPIRITUAL ABRAHAM LINCOLN” IS AVAILABLE ON Amazon.com’s KINDLE READER.

No comments:

Post a Comment