Wednesday, November 12, 2014

CHOOSE YOU THIS DAY


IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEND THIS BLOG TO A FRIEND GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS BLOG AND CLICK ON THE ENVELOPE.
 
There are over 800 stories and commentaries on this blog. It is added to daily.

                     +++++++++++

Two gentlemen were one day crossing the river in a ferryboat.

 A dispute about faith and works arose, one saying that good works were of small importance and that faith was everything, the other asserting the contrary.

 Neither being able to convince the other, the ferryman asked permission to give his opinion. Upon consent he said, "I hold in my hand two oars.

That in my right hand, I call 'faith'; the other, in my left, 'works.'

Now, gentlemen, please observe. I pull the oar of faith and pull that alone. See! the boat goes round and round, and the boat makes no progress.

I do the same with the oar of works with precisely similar results -- no advance. Mark! I pull both together.

We go on apace, and in a very few minutes we shall be at our landing place.

So, in my humble opinion neither faith without works nor works without faith will suffice.

Let there be both, and the haven of eternal rest is sure to be reached."

On the 23rd of September, 1928, I became a part of this world.  Not in 1898 as did my mother, or 1890 as did my father or 1859 as did my grandfather. 

For whatever reason, in the halls of heaven it was decreed that this totally marvelous process called birth would be successful in my case those 83 years ago.  I didn’t choose the day of my beginning. 

But during the 25,550 days of the average lifetime I do get to chose whether I will give glory and praise to the worthwhile or the worthless.  I do get to have a faith that is robust, ineffectual, or tattle-tale gray. 

My email messages come through Earthlink which has a delightful program called Spam Blocker.  It blocks all kind of email messages I have no interest in and which might create for me and my computer harm. 

In the real world my faith can be considered my personal Spam Blocker. 

 I live in a changing culture and it is constantly sending me messages and spiritual and moral TRUTHS and there are viruses that would infect these positive messages if  they are not blocked.

And yes,  if I do not constantly make a joyful noise to my Lord many other less joyful or spiritually productive noises may come breaking through. 

                                                 ++++

DO YOU HAVE A HISTORY BUFF IN YOUR FAMILY?...Why not give THIS HIGHLY ACCLAIMED 9TH BOOK (The Spiritual Abraham Lincoln) by Rev. Wyrick

AT CHRISTMAS TIME

available on amazon.com

ANOTHER BOOK BY REV. WYRICK "POIOR RICHARD'S ALMANACK FOR THE 20TH CENTURY"

available on Amazon.com

Two NEW SERIES began on WYRICK'S WRITINGS.
DOES DISCOURAGEMENT MAKE A BIG DENT IN YOUR LIFE?
 

HOW TO TURN BAD TIMES INTO GOOD TIMES

To read them
 
Click below to go to the blog


     DO YOU HAVE A HISTORY BUFF IN YOUR FAMILY?...Why not give THIS HIGHLY ACCLAIMED 9TH BOOK (The Spiritual Abraham Lincoln) by Rev. Wyrick

...at Christmas time.

ANOTHER OF REV. WYRICK'S BOOKS AVAILABLE ON AMAZON.COM

POOR RICHARD'S ALMANACK FOR THE 20 CENTURY

SPECIAL SALE...We've managed to purchase new copies of my book "THE SPIRITUAL ABRAHAM LINCOLN at a very good price...therefore...just send $3 (NO CHARGE FOR POSTAGE OR HANDLING) to:

Pageantry Inc. (The Church Without Walls)
7430 SW 59th Street
Miami, Florida 33143 

and we will immediately send you a copy of this book about which has been written...

"Positive, powerful utterances...skillfully enhancing our understaning and appreciation of Lincoln...(Lt. Colonel C.A.Olsen (Ret.) Asbury College (Professor Ret.)

"Wyrick has authored a wonderful examination of the spirituality of one of American history's most devoutly religious leaders...a pleasant and readable book that has a rich depth of information.  (Maynard Pittendreigh, Presbyterian Minister)

"THE SPIRITUAL ABRAHAM LINCOLN is an extremely well written book...it is both scholarly and very readable.  I came away impressed at Mr. Wyrick's portrayal of that President with an altered and enlarged vision of the man. (William Hoffman, Award winning fiction writer, author of Blood and Guile, and Wild Thorn.)                                             

GO TO SPEAKER.NEIL TO SEE NEIL'S ONE MAN AWARD WINNING DRAMATIZATION OF ABRAHAM LINCOLN

 CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING


No comments:

Post a Comment