Sunday, September 13, 2009

SIGHT AND INSIGHT

(These One A Days are changed daily)

Helen Keller was deaf, dumb and blind and in her book LIGHT IN MY DARKNESS she wrote, “For nearly six years I had no concepts whatever of nature or mind or death or God. I literally thought with my body. Without a single exception, my memories of that time are tactile. I know I was impelled like an animal to seek food and warmth. I remember crying, but not the grief that caused the tears; I kicked and because I recall it physically I know I was angry….but there is not one spark of emotion or rational thought in these distinct yet corporeal memories.

I was like an unconscious clod of earth. There was nothing in me except the instinct to eat and drink and sleep. My days were a blank without past, present or future, without hope or anticipation, without interest or joy.”

And then came Ann Sullivan. And the messages she laid out across Helen’s palm. And with this new found intellect came a hungering in her soul for an improvement of the intellect of her soul. She began to read the Bible and talk with ministers and pray, oh how she prayed. And something deeper than she could ever imagine began to stir within her. Still deaf and mute and blind, but now for the first time she could really see. A complete person with absolutely no blindness in her spirit.

“I am the light of the world,” said Christ and who better to understand what he meant than Helen Keller.

Have you visited my “Life Is Not What It Is But What You Make It” site. Go to Google and where it says “Google Search” type in “Wyrick’s Writings”

Have you considered sharing this site with family or friends? Just have them go to Google Search and type in “Neil Spiritual Vitamins”.

And, yes, hope you make visiting this site a daily habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment