Wednesday, September 23, 2009

THE ONE GREAT GIFT OF ALL

(THESE ONE A DAYS ARE ADDED TO EACH DAY)

Once there was a little boy who was crippled by polio and had very low self-esteem. Each time his mother would leave him at Sunday School he would ask if he could wear her locket. “She thought I liked the locket,” he would often relate in later years. “It wasn’t that. I really didn’t like the locket, but since I felt I wasn’t worth enough for her to come back for, I knew she would come back for the locket.”

There are more people than I like to remember who have told me they don’t feel worthy to come to church. I then remind them that they have the right simply because they exist. That the church is not a country club for saints but a community of sinners and that’s why we all need God’s forgiveness.

“For you, O Lord are good and ready to forgive (our trespasses sending them away, letting them go completely and forever); and You are abundant in mercy and loving-kindness to all those who call upon You.” Psalm 86:5

Have you visited my “Life Is Not What It Is But What You Make It” site. Go to Google and where it says “Google Search” type in “Wyrick’s Writings”

Have you considered sharing this site with family or friends? Just have them go to Google Search and type in “Neil Spiritual Vitamins”.

And, yes, hope you make visiting this site a daily habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment