Friday, September 11, 2009

GOD WAS AND IS MY CO-PILOT

(These One A Days are added to each day)

I was taught how to fly by the chief pilot at the old Eastern Airlines and I paid close attention to what he said. To be a good pilot I had the advantage of following in the footsteps of the best.

And because he taught me so well I never felt anxiety in all the hours of flying that followed. Once I landed on a highway when a storm threatened to blow me out of the sky. Another time my motor quit on take off just as I reached the end of the runway with a forest in front of me. Another time I was forced to land at night in a driving rain, at an airport without runway lights.

Nor do I forget the short field with tall grass, high humidity and all of the ingredients that made getting air borne difficult and almost impossible. It is the same with I give you my word. I had no anxiety. My mentor had prepared me well.

And so it is with my pilot, Christ, who has taught me well and willingly takes over the control stick when I falter. And aids me in times when otherwise my anxieties might be overwhelming. What am I saying? I am saying that if God isn’t a habit, it is hard to get immediately in sync when suddenly you really need Him but you are badly out of practice.

What is it Paul says? “Work out your own salvation, for it is God that worketh in you.”

Have you considered sharing this site with family or friends? Just have them go to google and type in Neil Spiritual Vitamins.

And perhaps visit my other site? Go to Google Search and type in Wyrick’s Writings.

No comments:

Post a Comment