Tuesday, May 9, 2017

IS YOUR SENSE OF HUMOR STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION?


IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEND THIS BLOG TO A FRIEND GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS BLOG AND CLICK ON THE ENVELOPE.

There are over 600 stories and commentaries on this blog. It is added to daily.
The following humorous letter is just to get you in the mood for what follows.
 
Dear Mother:

"I'm writing this slow 'cause I know you can't read fast. We don't live where we did when you left. My hubby read in the paper where the most accidents happened within twenty miles of home, so we moved. I won't know the address for awhile yet as the last Montana family that lived here took the numbers with them for their next house so they won't have to change their address.

This place we're rentin' has a washin' machine. The first day I put four new shirts in it, pulled the chain, and I haven't seen 'em since. It only rained twice this week: three days the first time and four days the second time.

The coat you wanted me to send that you forgot here was too heavy to send in the mail. So we cut off the big buttons and put them in the pockets.

I heard that Sis had a baby this morning but I haven't been over there yet to find out if it's a boy or a girl so I don't know if I'm and Aunt of an Uncle.

Three local kids from DeBorgia went off the bridge in a pick-up truck. The one that was driving rolled down the window and swam out. The two sitting in the back drowned. They couldn't get the tailgate down.

Not much to tell this time. Nothin' much happens 'round here.

Love, Your Daughter
A sense of humor is a gift that keeps on giving.  And, yes, what I think is funny and what you think is funny can be as different as a square or a circle.  But the point is not what makes you or me laugh but how you and I act so that we will not make each other cry.

A good sense of humor can keep you from being so over sensitive you get your feelings hurt at the drop of an adjective or the twist of a verb. 

Would you gain a sense of humor and pass it on to your children or grandchildren?  Then learn how to make a funny out of something that isn’t. 

By way of example.  Carol Burnett was exiting a cab one day and as the cab pulled away found herself being pulled by it.  She had gotten her coat caught and was forced to keep running along with it or be dragged on the ground.  Quite soon and fortunately a pedestrian noticed her predicament and flagged the cabbie down.

 “Are you alright?” he exclaimed. 

Carol’s next retort was priceless, “Yes, but how much more do I owe you.”

There is healing in being able to see the funny side of things. 

The mirror image of things gone wrong.  So maybe a prayer something like this would be appropriate and even helpful, “Dear Lord, save me from too much sobriety. 

Save me from regular bouts of grumpiness. 

When I sit down to my daily meal of living may I order with gusto the ability to find fun and give the same in turn. 

Help me when life gets me down to inwardly laugh as in my minds eye I put down a sign that reads, “My sense of humor is still under construction.”
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
 
(THREE RECENT THOUGHT PIECES ON WYRICK’S WRITING’S “Wisdom is” Who Wins if You Do Nothing but Battle Life?”  “A Journey Through Grief”
 
Click below to bring up this Wyrick’s Writings blog
 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
 
DO YOU HAVE A BLOG OR FACEBOOK?  IF YOU ENJOY THESE WRITINGS COULD YOU CALL ATTENTION TO THIS BLOG?  IF YOU DO, THANKS IN ADVANCE
*********************************
ALREADY STARTED on his other blog WYRICK’S WRITINGS… Serialization of another of his books SIXTY PLUS AND NOT HOLDING 

To read this book
 
CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING URL

 
Each week there is also a serialization of his novel RUST ON MY SOUL and serialization of another of his books 60 PLUS AND NOT HOLDING

MANY OF THE IDEAS IN THIS BOOK FOR BETTER LIVING ARE GOOD FOR ANY AGE. (This book is about dealing positively with the challenges of getting older and fosters the belief  that “If we would have new knowledge, we must get a world of new questions.”  (Susanne K. Langer)
TO VISIT Neil’s other blog WYRICK’S WRITING (A variety of serializations; a novel on Sunday and Tuesday and Thursday varying subjects) (3 times a week added to)
 
CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING URL
****************************
To view his One Man Dramas on film (see by millions, live and on film and on video)(Martin Luther, Ben Franklin, Charles Wesley, Abraham Lincoln)

 
CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING
 

********************************
 

No comments:

Post a Comment