Saturday, May 13, 2017

DON'T LIVE BY DISMAL-CRYSTAL-BALL-REVELATIONS


IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEND THIS BLOG TO A FRIEND GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS BLOG AND CLICK ON THE ENVELOPE.
 
There are over 600 stories and commentaries on this blog. It is added to daily.
 
Farmer Jones needed to plow his field but his plough was broken.

I know what… I’ll ask my neighbor, farmer Smith to borrow his plow.  He’s a good man and he’ll certainly not mind helping me out.

So he set out across the four fields that would finally allow him to reach Smith’s farm.

He had hadly passed through the first field when he began talking to himself with negative thoughts, “I hope Smith has finished plowing because otherwise he won’t be wanting to lend me his plow.
 
After a few more minutes of walking and worrying, wearing now a perpetual frown he said to himself, “And what if Smith’s plow is old and on it’s last legs…he’ll never want to lend it to me.”

As he crossed the third field and they were big fields and he was growing tired…even more so because of all of his negative thoughts…he said to himself, “Smith has never been a very heopful person.  I doubt if he’s going to want to lend me his plow…even if it is in perfect working order…and even if he’s finished his plowing and it is just sitting there.”

Finally, as he approaches Smith’s farm he is angry as he can be and his thoughts are bitter in their anger, “Smith is a mean old fellow and always has been.  He’ll tell me “No” and enjoy telling me “No.”  Probably think I ought to have taken better care of my equipment.”

With the finish to these last thoughts he has reached the front door and he begins to pound on the door.  When Farmer Smith comes to the door he asks Farmer Jones what he can do for him.

Farmer Jones shouts back, “You can take your plow and keep it.  I wouldn’t think of bothering you by asking if you would loan it to me.”  And Farmer Jones turns on his heels and stamps away.

Fields don’t get plowed.  Lives get ruined and shortened.  Health gets ruined.  And for all the good healthy opportunities around us…they don’t do half the good they could if our attitudes aren’t up to snuff.

I, who am writing this column, and you, who are reading it, will most likely live longer than did our ancestors. Indeed, in the last 40 years those 65 and older have increased more than fourfold.

Why?

Because we do not so often freeze in winter or boil in summer, while a growing parade of medical remedies stand ready to help us live longer and better. But if we are not careful we can get overheated by anger and freeze out possible friends by negative attitudes.

Unless we think positively and allow ourselves to  enjoy silver without worrying about tarnish. 

Indeed, the way to court disaster is to predict it with such phrasing as
“I’ve got to take it easy. My father had heart trouble and I’m sure it’s hereditary.”  Or “I just know I’ll die of cancer. Everybody in my family gets it.” I call these “shower soliloquies” or  “sunshine losses.”

      The power of positive thinking. 

I hesitate to use the words since they have been overused but that’s the point.  There’s so much power in them.  Keeping a list of goals and checking them on a regular basis.  Goals are indeed reasons to live by and live for.  Not visualizing enemies where they don’t exist.

      And who do you associate with?  You will be like the ones whose shadows most often fall on you.  Or that one who’s sunshine spirit enliven you.

            "For myself, I am an optimist - it does not seem to be much use being anything else." -Winston Churchill
 
"We are injured and hurt emotionally - not so much by other people or what they say or don't say - but by our own attitude and our own response." -Maxwell Maltz

"Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured." -Mark Twain

I’ve added the above from my own collection of great thoughts and noble ideas.  Join me.  Be a collector of great thoughts and quotes.  Carve them across the roof line of your thoughts.  Of such are better lives made.  

"Keep thy heart with all diligence, for out of it (the heart) are found the issues of life. For as a man thinketh in his heart so is he." Proverbs 4:23, Proverbs 23:7
(THREE RECENT THOUGHT PIECES ON WYRICK’S WRITING’S “Wisdom is” Who Wins if You Do Nothing but Battle Life?”  “A Journey Through Grief”

Click below to bring up this Wyrick’s Writings blog
 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 
DO YOU HAVE A BLOG OR FACEBOOK?  IF YOU ENJOY THESE WRITINGS COULD YOU CALL ATTENTION TO THIS BLOG?  IF YOU DO, THANKS IN ADVANCE
Quotes from tomorrow’s One A Day blog entitled
 Brain Power Rather Than Brain Powerless

I often ask some older friend I haven’t spoken to for awhile, “Well, we are older, are we wiser?” Inevitably they reply “No!” and I respond back, “Oh yes, I am wiser and so are you. We haven’t wasted all this living and not learned something.” 

Yes, there is Alzheimer’s disease, but the percentage of those afflicted is small.  So pull out those crossword puzzles, write that family memoir, read books as often as you CAN AND SHOULD. 
           
           Sensitize your senses by creative mapping…
ALREADY STARTED on his other blog WYRICK’S WRITINGS… Serialization of another of his books SIXTY PLUS AND NOT HOLDING 

To read this book
 
CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING URL
Each week there is also a serialization of his novel RUST ON MY SOUL and serialization of another of his books 60 PLUS AND NOT HOLDING

MANY OF THE IDEAS IN THIS BOOK FOR BETTER LIVING ARE GOOD FOR ANY AGE. (This book is about dealing positively with the challenges of getting older and fosters the belief  that “If we would have new knowledge, we must get a world of new questions.”  (Susanne K. Langer)

 
TO VISIT Neil’s other blog WYRICK’S WRITING (A variety of serializations; a novel on Sunday and Tuesday and Thursday varying subjects) (3 times a week added to)
 
CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING URL

****************************
To view his One Man Dramas on film (see by millions, live and on film and on video)(Martin Luther, Ben Franklin, Charles Wesley, Abraham Lincoln)

CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING
 

********************************
To access info his other book’s and get some great used book prices, go to Amazon.com (books) and type in Neil Wyrick.

 BOUNDARIES UNLIMITED, RUST ON MY SOUL, POOR RICHARD’S ALMANAC, I AM SIXTY PLUS AND NOT HOLDING, THE ABC’S OF PARENTING AND GRANDPARENTING, LETTERS TO AMERICA…

No comments:

Post a Comment