Friday, November 25, 2016

WHAT DO YOU WANT ENGRAVED ON YOUR TOMBSTONE?

**********************************
If you would like to share
this blog with a friend copy
paste and send this blog by email

or keep this URL

http://oneadayyourspiritualvitamins.blogspot.com

IN YOUR FAVORITES
and suggest they do the same


They are changed daily.

*********************************
He was adamant. He knew what he wanted on his tombstone and he would not deter from his decision.
“But dad,” and his daughter began her argument against it for the umpteenth time.
“I want…” he interrupted, “I want placed on my tombstone the words ‘Born a human being, died a grocer’ because I hope it will make at least one person think about what they have committed their life too at the expense of other parts of their life…
Because..

I have enjoyed being a grocer but I did not expand my life. I was so busy selling groceries (insert whatever job you want) I had no time to be a good husband or father or neighbor. I was so busy selling groceries I never traveled even though I had the money. I took no time to read or garden or find a hobby or simply sit and enjoy a sunrise or sunset.


My life became a telescope looking through the wrong end. I was so busy selling ( ) that I never had the time for the theater or music or ball games or really any recreational pursuit. I was so busy selling groceries I had no time for feeding my soul or making any friends or …I have been a successful ( ) but a failure as human being…
I was so busy making a living I never made the time to make a life.”
 
What have you been? What are you in the midst of being?
Consider…being guided by a faith that is greater than fear.
A life that expands rather than contracts.
 
Consider why you may be having to much to live with and not enough to live for.
Indeed, do not become like the description Cassis puts forth of many folk, “They have a daily ugliness, that spoils whatever beauty is around.”
 ***************************************
Quote from tomorrow’s blog entitled THE EASY WAY OUT IS NOT ALWAYS THE EASY WAY OUT
“Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger persons. Do not pray for task equal to your powers. Pray for powers equal to your task. Then the doing of your work shall not be a miracle. But you will be a miracle.”


***************************************

A new Series on PRAYER began Sun Nov 21st


To read these and a variety of topics
CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING URL below


http://wyrickswritings.blogspot.com/

***********************************

No comments:

Post a Comment