Monday, November 21, 2016

THREE INCHES LONG

************************************
If you would like to share
this blog with a friend copy
paste and send this blog by email

or keep this URL

http://oneadayyourspiritualvitamins.blogspot.com

IN YOUR FAVORITES
and suggest they do the same


They are changed daily.

************************************

When I arose this morning I did what we all do…I looked into the mirror and said “Good morning.”
 
And the use of my tongue to form these two words were sanguine enough and got my day started off reasonably well.

But then I thought on all the times this three inches long mechanism has been a blessing and times when it has been no blessing at all.


And I thought of the phrase “If you can’t write it and sign it don’t say it.”
In short, think twice before I speak once.
 
And then there is the story of Thomas Edison and how at a dinner they were praising him for his invention of the Talking machine…and praising him…and praising him..
Finally when he arose his opening comment was.

“Thank you for praising me for inventing the first talking machine but I must remind you that actually God invented the first talking machine; man. I simply invented a talking machine that could more easily be turned off.”


The great philosopher Justin put it this way, “By examining the tongue of a patient the doctor finds the diseases of the body and the philosopher finds the diseases of the mind.”

***************************************
“By our words we shall be justified, and by our words we shall be condemned.”
Matthew 12:36-37

************************************************

Quote from tomorrows blog entitled THE POWER OF PRAYER

“How to pray? Well consider first that all ours prayers must be a petition and not a command.”

***************************************

A new Series on PRAYER begins TODAY on my other blog

WYRICK'S WRINGS

TO READ THE SERIES CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING URL below


http://wyrickswritings.blogspot.com/

*********************************

No comments:

Post a Comment