Saturday, January 30, 2016

CHOOSE YE THIS DAY (part 1)

This is a true story…

A woman was on an overseas flight and began to have terrible pains in the center of her chest. She pushed the button to summon the flight attendant and told her she thought she was having a heart attack.
 
The announcement was made over the sound system that if a doctor was on board would he please stand so they can could take him to a woman who was in physical trouble.

Immediately 67 people stood up.“Which of you is a heart doctor?”They all remained standing. They were headed to a convention for cardiac surgeons.And now they were ready and willing to effectively diagnose and prescribe what was necessary to help her. They had the knowledge and the desire to help her and all she needed to do was let them help.

Which, of course, she was more than ready to do.

Friends, our Lord, our Creator knows us and love us and stands ready to help us when we have heart problems, when our hearts have grown hard and unresponsive and soul problems when the pulse beat is unsteady and uncertain.

Through his word and the presence of the Holy Spirit
He offers corrective treatment through repentance and redemption.He certainly has the knowledge of who we are and what we need.And He has the desire…what other proof do we need than that He sent His son to earth.

And you, you may be a good father or mother, a devoted husband or wife, an honest business-person.

For these things you should be commended and I am sure, heaven smiles on your diligence.

However, the bottom line is, are you committed to Christ? …An enthusiastic follower of a savior called Jesus.

Ready and willing to accept the help in your daily living He stands ready to give.
 
Call it what you will, but the life of a committed Christian shouts through thick and thin, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, dear Lord, I am yours.

“As many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God…” reads the Gospel of John. Become sons of God?

Why not?It is just as natural to be a son of God as it is to be a son of the devil. I believe that. It is just as natural to say No to sin as it is to say Yes to sin. I believe that.
And yes, I believe there are deep reserves of holy grandeur in every single human being because ere now and then a punk does fall to his knees to pray.

Ere now and then a bad man does make a decision to be a good man in Christ.

Ere now and then a man or woman confronts their mortality with decision that affects their immortality beyond their wildest dreams and a miraculous transformation does take place as a wanton, weary sinner says, “No more, Lord, no more.” I’m tired of a life made less because I have been following a life of false mores.”
And, oh yes, back to the woman on the plane having a heart attack.She did avail herself of their help but then she could have changed her mind and said"You know, I may be over reacting.

It isn’t that bad.

I don’t need any help. I can handle it on my own.

I’ll deal with it later.

People do that with their lives and God’s offer to help.

And they say.
You know, I may be over reacting to my sins and my need to commit to Christ and handle the sickness of sin.

It isn’t that bad.

I don’t need any help. I can handle it on my own.

I’ll deal with it later.

People do that with their lives and God’s offer to help.

********************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment