Wednesday, August 26, 2009

VANITY THY NAME IS FOOLISHNESS

One day a man telephoned a certain church and when the secretary come on the line said, “I want to speak to the Head Hog at the Trough!” Not sure that she had heard correctly the secretary replied, “Sir, if you mean our pastor, you should treat him with more respect.” At this the man came back, “Oh, I see. Well, I have $25,000 I was thinking of donating to the building fund.” There was a long pause and then she responded, “I think the big pig just walked in the door.”

Money can make fools of us all, and fools are seldom satisfying to the world or to themselves.

In the book of Ecclesiastes there is the story of a man who has gained it all; fame, power, wealth. And how does he describe the experience? “Vanity of vanities, all is vanity.”

No comments:

Post a Comment