Wednesday, August 5, 2009

HOW BIG IS GOD

Let me tell you a story about an imaginary conversation a little boy had with God.

“God, are you really there?”

“Sure am, Jimmy, what can I do for you?”

Jimmy hadn’t been expecting such an immediate response but he quickly recovered and asked, “Well, what is a million years like to you?”

God replied, “An easy question, Jimmy, but so you can understand my answer, let’s just say it is like a minute to me.”

Jimmy continued, “What is a million dollars like to you?”

“Oh,” answered back God, “A million dollars to me is like a penny.”

Jimmy had a moment of inspiration. Knowing how generous God was, He now asked, “Can I have a penny?’

“Sure,” God answered, “Just a minute.”

The bigness of God is difficult to understand because we are the created and He is the Creator. He made a manger take on a larger image than it ever had before. People have always been impressed by stars but then the Star of Bethlehem came into play and WOW! Before Jesus the cross was a thing of infamy. After the crucifixion its meaning was never the same again.

No comments:

Post a Comment