Friday, August 14, 2009

GOD MADE YOU TO BE SPECIAL SO BE IT

The novelist Margaret Lee Runbeck tells how Christmas came early one year, in August to be exact, a goodly number of days before the official calendar date eh what? She writes,

“I knocked at the door…then I heard a dear, dark voice which all of us in this house called love, calling out from her window. ‘Jes one minute…wait’ll I get on mah wrapper. Who is you down there anyway, honey?’

“I chucked to myself,” Mrs. Runbeck writes. “Lillian didn’t know who it was, but she was sure whoever it was, was ‘honey.’

You see, it’s not that hard to do, the real Christmas season or just the Christmas spirit…come winter, summer, spring or fall…the 13th chapter of Corinthians come alive and not died down to a calendar.

It can and does come anytime you shout out at the world, “I don’t know who you are, but as far as I’m concerned, you’re honey. You may be acting like vinegar, raising Cain, causing war, making good people lonely and bitter with all your strife, but God made you to be honey, so I’m going to call you honey whether you are acting like it or not.”

Deuteronomy 5:33 "Ye shall walk in all the ways which the Lord your God hath commanded you, that ye may live, and that it may be well with you, and that ye may prolong your days ..."

Tomorrows story is about a gulag in Siberia and one of the inmates named Irkutsk; a very special person.

To visit my other blog Wyhrick’s Writings go to http://wyrickswritings.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment