Wednesday, August 12, 2009

THE POWER OF...

He was a teenager and seemed perfectly normal. He played sports, joined the Civil Air Patrol and was involved in a number of activities that caught and held his attention.

Then one day, he was introduced to a game called Dungeons and Dragons. It captured his imagination and with ever increasing interest he began to read of demons, witches, witchcraft, evil, Satan, Satanism, voodoo and other related topics. Then, the writings of Anton LeVey in the so-called “Satanic Bible” which preached that only the strong survive and only the ruthless attain the American Dream.

It was but a short journey from there to his making a pact with Satan. In his own blood he wrote, “I renounce God, I renounce Christ, I will serve only Satan. To my friends - love, to my enemies - death! Hail Satan!” And to prove his allegiance to Satan, he began breaking the Ten Commandments, one by one. Finally, the only one that he had not broken read, “You shall not kill.”

Soon he would have broken all ten.

After a ritual of lust with a satanic priest, he drove to a convenience store managed by a man who had insulted his friend’s girlfriend. As he walked through the door his hand held a .357 Magnum loaded with hollow point bullets. He fired three shots. The power of Satan had taken him over completely. The Bible and Christ he once had known, the faith he once had had, were now obliterated by the power St. Paul clearly states is our enemy.

Our teenager? As far as I know he is still on death row, or perhaps by now he has been executed. But not his soul. Not his life that changed as he founded in prison a group called Radical Teens for Christ. To any who would listen, his message, his change of heart and mind echoes on, “I have something now I never had when I was worshiping Satan…I have hope.”

Ezekiel 33:11 reads, “As surely as I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of sinners, but rather that they turn from their evil ways and live.”

Tomorrows story is about a skeptic named Hume.

No comments:

Post a Comment