Monday, August 24, 2009

FLY HIGH AND LOOK DOWN WITH STRENGTH

In 1982, after a hang gliding accident, when my paralyzed left arm hung limp and useless, I was not a happy camper. Indeed, I could have worn myself weary by berating myself for trying to be a bird one too many times.

Instead I prayed, “Lord, make my arm well, or help me learn a lesson from this accident. But most of all, Thy will be done.”

He chose to heal my arm. But even more, He did wonderful things for my psyche.

The power of prayer is truly amazing, though to Christians it certainly shouldn’t be. It has been demonstrated over and over that people recover from sickness faster when people pray for them.

And when we pray for ourselves, it is not selfishness, but rather simply asking our Father for help.

Even so, some Christians, still believe they are not good enough to be able to pray for help.

The Bible speaks of us flying high like an eagle, which is good if we do not forget that even an eagle needs a nest. Would you be stronger in dealing with suffering?

Then first find your nest. Or as the Bible gives directions, “Seek ye first the (nest that is called the) Kingdom of God.”

No comments:

Post a Comment