Saturday, February 13, 2016

MORE ON THE DESTINY OF LITTLE THINGS

These thoughts are added to each day. Scroll down and read previous One A Days.)

(Use in your personal or church newsletters) (365 stories a year)

(Have you considered sharing this site with a friend?)


I read a story the other day of a woman standing at the bottom of an escalator totally terrified. “I can’t believe this,” she kept repeating over and over again. “I can’t believe this. I’m, afraid to get on the escalator.

This has never happened to me before.” She kept looking around as if asking others to affirm this fear was something new. You could see it in her eyes. “I’ve ridden escalators for years. What’s wrong with me?”

People grumbled as they passed her. Some even muttered, “Crazy people shouldn’t be allowed out alone.”

And then a woman walked up and said, “It’s all right. Let me help you.”

And together they rode to the top of the escalator, the stranger lightly holding the woman’s elbow. It was not saving a city. It was not building a dynasty. It was a simple, small act of kindness that saved, in many ways, a life.

The destiny of little things.

“God surely did make a mess of this world,” complained one man. “I could have certainly make a better world than this.”

“Friend,” his neighbor replied, “that’s why you were given life. To do just that.”

Helping a frightened lady up escalators. Congratulating a $5-an-hour worker on doing a good job. Writing a short note to a friend that reads, “Thank you for being my friend all these years. I just wanted you to know how much better my life has been because of it.”

The destiny of little things.

Have you considered sharing this site with family or friends? Just have them go to Google Search and type in “Neil Spiritual Vitamins”.

And, yes, maybe they will back track a few weeks to read other of my musings.

DO YOU HAVE A BLOG OR FACEBOOK? IF YOU ENJOY THESE WRITINGS COULD YOU CALL ATTENTION TO THIS BLOG? IF YOU DO, THANKS IN ADVANCE.

No comments:

Post a Comment