Wednesday, February 3, 2016

I'D RATHER DIE

These thoughts are added to each day. Scroll down and read previous One A Days.)

(Use in your personal or church newsletters) (365 stories a year)

A young mountain lad was about to go to college. It was his first trip away from home.

As the train whistle signaled that it was time for all to board, the young man’s father put his arm around his son’s shoulder and said, “It’s gonna be hard on your ma and me to keep you up thar in school this year, but we’ll do it somehow because we know you won’t fail to do your best by us.”

The young man boarded the train, found a seat by the window and waved to his parents as the trip began. His eyes were misty as he thought to himself, I’d rather die than fail a dad and mom like mine. They believed in him. Their trust was like a living thing.

It’s what Christ does, you know.

Puts His hand on your shoulder and says, “I love you. I died for you. I know you won’t fail to do your best.” And your response? Is it, I’d rather die than fail a Lord like that.” *first line of a Cajun tune, author unknown.

Have you considered sharing this site with family or friends? Just have them go to Google Search and type in “Neil Spiritual Vitamins”.

And, yes, maybe they will back track a few weeks to read other of my musings.

DO YOU HAVE A BLOG OR FACEBOOK? IF YOU ENJOY THESE WRITINGS COULD YOU CALL ATTENTION TO THIS BLOG? IF YOU DO, THANKS IN ADVANCE. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment