Saturday, February 20, 2016

ARE YOU A DRIFTER?

These thoughts are added to each day. Scroll down and read previous One A Days.)

(Use in your personal or church newsletters) (365 stories a year)

(Have you considered sharing this site with a friend?)


I have flown thousands of miles, and in all my years as a pilot I never followed another plane as a way of getting where I wanted to go.

In those, my early days of tail dragging flying, transponders and all other kinds of electronic gadgets were in their infancy, or on many planes just didn’t exist.

But I had my own compass and my own map when I flew VFR and I didn’t need, or want, someone else perhaps leading me astray. So it is with conscience. When it is working well, it is an inner compass and map and it tells us where to go.

I remember taking off out of a small Georgia town one rather foggy Saturday morning.

As I climbed, the fog grew thicker and spread across the land from horizon to horizon. With no instruments in my little single engine plane, except a compass, I was soon flying above it all only by dead reckoning.

I estimated the wind. I estimated the drift. About an hour later there was a hole in the fog and as I looked down I was able to see a barn with the name of the nearby town brightly painted on its roof. I was glad to see that I wasn’t terribly off from where I had wanted to be.

However, neither was I exactly where I had planned to be and it took some adjustments to get back on a proper heading. So it is if we let sin fog out our spiritual vision. It obliterates our ability to see where we are and the winds of immoral acts and misdeeds discredit our goals and we drift.
There are those who would argue that conscience is a jail cell, restricting and restraining our thoughts and actions. An outmoded, old-fashioned way of looking at things.

Many, today, would insist with gusto that morality is old hat. That life should be lived with no moral fences. Whatever makes one happy is okay.

But some things are not okay. Some things are wrong in any age with no room for debate. And some things are right with no need for debate. And…well, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle may seem a way to escape guilt, but it is not a way to find true contentment.
1 Peter 2:15
"Make Continued Progress"
“For it is God's will that by doing right you should put to silence the ignorance of foolish men.”
Have you considered sharing this site with family or friends? Just have them go to Google Search and type in “Neil Spiritual Vitamins”.

And, yes, maybe they will back track a few weeks to read other of my musings.

DO YOU HAVE A BLOG OR FACEBOOK? IF YOU ENJOY THESE WRITINGS COULD YOU CALL ATTENTION TO THIS BLOG? IF YOU DO, THANKS IN ADVANCE.

No comments:

Post a Comment