Friday, September 19, 2014

THE SPECIAL POWER OF PRAYER


IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEND THIS BLOG TO A FRIEND GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS BLOG AND CLICK ON THE ENVELOPE.
 
There are over 700 stories and commentaries on this blog. It is added to daily.


Visit Neil’s other blog Wyrick’s Writings
 
Click below to go to the blog where CAN GOD SMILE? CAN GOD CRY?

 
               Plus recent other additions Christianity by Reflex, Stretching your Soul, The Galilee Gallery etc.

+++++++++++++++++++++

He is a minister today…but once when he was a little boy of five he had an experience he would never forget.  In his own words, I relate his story.
 
“I had my first experience with the presence of God when I was 5 years old. Arriving home from my ½ day of kindergarten, I usually ate lunch with my mom and then hurried off to play.


When I would run out of things to do, I would resort to my favorite game of all, spying on my mom. And so, on this particular afternoon, I stood outside her bedroom and pressed my ear to the closed door.


 I heard a familiar sound, the voice of my mother, talking to God in prayer.   Suddenly I felt as if something had reached underneath that door and wrapped itself around me while she prayed.
 
 I felt the hair on my arms stand up, and my spine begin to tingle.
 
I had an acute awareness that something good was happening all around me as my mother worshipped God with tender words of prayer and adoration.


What happened? There was something going on in that room that was not of this world.
 
Something that was impossible to express with words. There was a conversation being conducted between heaven and earth.
 
Have you had that sort of experience yourself?…  And if your child or grandchild overheard you pray, would it cause them to have this sensation?   

 What I’m talking about is the difference between singing songs about God and singing songs to God.

The difference about talking about God and talking to God.
 
Becoming emotional about God rather than working hard not to become emotional about God.
 
Realizing that true worship isn’t tied to Sunday or the calendar.
 
What was it Jesus said… “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness for they will be satisfied.
 
Oh, people can go for a long while with far apart times of feasting at the table of the Lord


Just as people in the concentration camps went without much food for weeks and months and even years…and some even survived, but when the allies arrived they were mere shadows of their former selves.


So it is if we do not, on a regular basis, feed our souls…we are shadowy skeletons of what we might otherwise have been..
 What I am saying is to take to heart the ongoing message of any nutritionist, “You are what you eat. 


So to, if our spiritual diet is the equivalent of spiritual fast foods, we will suffer from spiritual starvation, if not a spiritual death.
                                                         +++++++++++++++++
        THE SPIRITUAL ABRAHAM LINCOLN

“A book superior in style and content.”

                                                         Quote from book below

No matter what he spoke, the same confusion as to who Lincoln really was, existed just as much in his time as in ours.  Poor fellow, when he was through speaking, almost every newspaper in the North said he had extended an olive branch and almost every paper in the South that he extended a sword.

Purchase from the author an autographed copy.

If you would like a short PERSONALIZED comment before the signature such as “To Mary”…or “happy birthday Mark” …or “Hope you enjoy reading this”…just enclose your wish along with a check for $10 (free shipping and handling) to:

And receive a bonus, Neil Poor Richard’sAlamanack for the 20th century (written as if Ben Franklin had come back to life in the 20th century was making commentary on what he was seeing.)

Send donation check to…

Pageantry Inc., The Church Without Walls”

7430 SW 59th Street

Miami, Florida 33143

OR

 Visit Magnus Press to order this book or some of their other unusual and inspiring books.

CLICK ON THE URL BELOW


Click on the URL below to WATCH NEIL IN HIS WORLD FAMOUS

ONE MAN DRAMATIZATIONS OF ABRAHAM LINCOLN, BEN FRANKLIN, CHARLES WESLEY AND MARTIN LUTHER


TO WATCH NEIL WYRICK IN HIS ONE MAN DRAMAS (Presented to millions all around the world) (Ben Franiklin, Martin Luther, Charles Wesley and Abraham Lincoln (this Lincoln film takes 11 seconds to download but is worth the wait)


 
CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment