Sunday, June 11, 2017

THE WHY OF IT ALL (another in this series)


  1. What do you worry about the most these days?  There certainly is enough to worry about.
  1. I worry about the self destructive effect of living as if there is no tomorrow.  Of all the baby boomers that will one day wake up and find they have been living so high on the hog they can no longer afford even the cheapest of pig feet.  I worry about the other end of the stick; those who are so obsessed with saving they forget how to live or as someone said to me recently, “How much is enough?”  I worry about those who work hard and don’t receive a living wage.  Prosperity doesn’t guarantee happiness but neither does poverty.   And, as for how making things too easy financially for growing children.  Let me quote Garrison Keillor, “Children are durable and don’t necessarily wilt under adversity, just as our children don’t necessarily thrive under luxury and comfort.”
Q  Don’t you think that sometimes people get more than they can endure?
A.  Walter Scott, the famous writer, one day wrote in his diary, “I am very ill today with rheumatic headache, an affliction which fills my head with pain, my heart with sadness and my eyes with tears.  I worked therefore all this afternoon.”

TO VISIT Neil’s other blog WYRICK’S WRITING (A variety of serializations; a novel on Sunday and Tuesday and Thursday varying subjects) (3 times a week added to)
CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING URL

****************************
To view his One Man Dramas on film (see by millions, live and on film and on video)(Martin Luther, Ben Franklin, Charles Wesley, Abraham Lincoln)
CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING

 
********************************
To access info his other book’s and get some great used book prices, go to Amazon.com (books) and type in Neil Wyrick.

 BOUNDARIES UNLIMITED, RUST ON MY SOUL, POOR RICHARD’S ALMANAC, I AM SIXTY PLUS AND NOT HOLDING, THE ABC’S OF PARENTING AND GRANDPARENTING, LETTERS TO AMERICA…

No comments:

Post a Comment