Saturday, March 11, 2017

GOD LOVES YOU WARTS AND ALL (2nd in Series)

*************
If you would like to share
this blog with a friend copy
paste and send this blog by email


or keep this URL


http://oneadayyourspiritualvitamins.blogspot.com

IN YOUR FAVORITES
and suggest they do the same

They are changed daily.


*************

I wish I knew his name but I have only come across the story second hand.
 
It is a great story...a simple every day happening that shows what the power of saying over and over again an eternal truth in all the ways we can and all the way we should.
What counts, of course, is the creativity of it.
 
We all have had our eye exams but at least for myself I have never seen a flip chart like the one in Dallas before a catarach operation.
 
Instead of the what most such eye exams read, “Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country,” this opthamagolist has had one made that reads, “God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life.”
 
Then when the patient comes back for a checkup he show has them read the chart again, “God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life.”
 
And, of course, for most it is an underlining of a truth they know but in the rush of daily living too easily forget, “God loves ME and has a wonderful plan for MY life.”


Grace is hard to understand because we live in a world where a great deal of what we get is what we have.


During my college days I worked at a store that paid commission. What I made I truly earned. I sold more, my salary increased.


When I played baseball if my batting average dropped or I dropped too many balls I was put on the bench.

 
As an end in football it was understood that my time on the field or waiting for another chance would be in direct proportion to how well I held on to the ball.
 
But then into the game of life steps a coach called God and a corporation called heaven.
There are rules and regulations, commandments they are most often called. He has divine hope that we will play by the rules.
 
Sometimes we do and sometimes we don’t. When we falter and fail he sighs, points to a cross and essentially says, “Don’t worry. I won’t drop you from the team. I love you anyway. Nothing you do will make me stop loving you and forgiving you.”


“Man lives by getting and forgetting. God lives by giving and forgiving.” (Author unknown) The Psalmist wrote “a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness.” (Psalm 86:15)
 ***************************************
 
Serialization of another book SIXTY PLUS AND NOT HOLDING
 
This book, SIXTY PLUS AND NOT HOLDING, is about dealing positively with the challenges of getting older and fosters the belief that “If we would have new knowledge, we must get a world of new questions.” (Susanne K. Langer)
 
“I am come that they (you) may have life and have it to the full. (John 10:10)


Anyone who lives long enough gets older. There are no other options. How we handle the adventure is filled with options.
 
Keep both eyes on life, and not on the calendar. Admit your age, but don’t admit to the fallacy that you have to act like it. Saying, “I’m 39 and holding,” is more tragic than humorous because it argues that age has no attributes.
 
V. Neil Wyrick


Below a quote from it…

“Be like the farmer who, when asked what he was building, replied, “if I can rent it, it’s a rustic cottage. If I can’t, it’s a cow shed.”

I
t’s called attitude and it can make us prematurely old or longer young. For truly, things aren’t just what they are, but rather how we choose to see them.”
*******************************

DO YOU HAVE A BLOG OR FACEBOOK? IF YOU ENJOY THESE WRITINGS COULD YOU CALL ATTENTION TO THIS BLOG? IF YOU DO, THANKS IN ADVANCE
*************************************
 
A quote below from tomorrow’s ONE A DAY blog entitled GOD LOVES YOU WARTS AND ALL (3rd in Series)
 
“God, is a celestial chef who offers an unbelievable feast of forgiveness. When we accept the Lord we are offered then a spot near the throne of grace and given a heavenly menu beyond compare. You put in your order by affirming your faith, so now enjoy a forgiven life…that’s another way of putting it.”
**************************

TO VISIT Neil’s other blog WYRICK’S WRITING (A variety of serializations; a novel on Sunday and Tuesday and Thursday varying subjects) (3 times a week added to)


CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING URL

http://wyrickswritings.blogspot.com  
**************************** 
TO WATCH NEIL WYRICK IN HIS ONE MAN DRAMAS (Presented to millions all around the world) (Ben Franklin, Martin Luther, Charles Wesley and Abraham Lincoln (this Lincoln film takes 11 seconds to download but is worth the wait)
 
CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING
http://www.speakerneil.com/ ****************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment