Monday, June 6, 2016

FIND A SMILE IN THE MIDST OF SADNESS. FIND COURAGE IN THE MIDST OF GRIEF. FIND…

" ONE LINERS FOR YOUR SOUL" & ONE A DAY

              Take these seeds of thought below and turn THEM into a wisdom tree.

  CAN YOU SAY? “My goal is what counts. Obstacles may slow me down but they’ll never stop me. Only death will stop me and then I am fulfilled because I did not quit,” The kind of man or woman who knows how to live says and believes thisl

      ...BELOW  is YOUR 'ONE A DAY' for Today
 
FIND A SMILE...

(Use in your personal or church newsletters) (365 stories a year)For W yrick's writings  CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING URL

http://wyrickswritings.blogspot.com/

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEND THIS BLOG TO A FRIEND GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS BLOG AND CLICK ON THE ENVELOPE.
****************************************************
 
There is an old Chinese proverb that reads, “A diamond cannot be polished without friction nor man perfected without trials.”

The Apostle Paul put it yet another way, “Trouble produces endurance, endurance produces character, and character produces hope.”

When Paul wrote these words he did not write them from some ivory tower. Indeed,
just before this quote he says “Five times received I forty stripes save one, thrice was I beaten with rods.”

Ludwig Van Beethoven conducted his famous Ninth Symphony, the audience stood and rocked the theater with their applause. Ludwig Van Beethoven, however, heard neither the music nor the applause because by this time he was stone deaf.

When three year old Louis Braille blinded himself while boring holes with an awl in his father’s harness shop, it seem a senseless tragedy. However, because Braille was blind, the blind have been able to read now for over 100 years.

Helen Keller born deaf, dumb and blind said, “Thank God for my handicaps, for through them I have found myself, my work and my God.”

Once, two men in Charles Reade’s book THE CLOISTER AND THE HEARTH were shown walking through a troubled Europe. One man continually turns to the other says, “Courage my friend, the devil is dead.”

A better tonic for the soul might well have been the words, “Courage my friend, God is alive.”

That is the gospel my friends. It does not deny problems. It asserts faith. It comes to you in your darkest moment of doubt and says, “Come unto Me all ye that are weary and heavy laden and I will give you peace.”

The Bible says, “God commandeth His love toward us, in t5hat while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”

Yes, I am aware that there are those who kill but there are also those who heal. I know there are storms but there are also sunsets. I know there is pain but there is also the pleasure of being comforted.

I do not know why God made earth like it is, or why there had boe an Eden from which was thrust or why there have been wars and rumors of wars since time first was.

But I do know this…inside every person God set a soul. He put within us greed and graciousness, sin and sainthood; all kind of evil and all manner of good…and then He made man free.

And I believe it was God’s love Who did all these things.

In the stage play GREEN PASTURES, God is kind of like a master chef at a gigantic fish fry…a cosmic bellhop ready to respond to every summons.

But such a God would not truly be a loving God. If all I had to do was to say, “God, let it rain and it rained…or God, let the sun shine and the sun shone…or God, Let Joe die and Mike live…If my prayer had literally the power of life, death and creation, God would not be a God of love…

He would be a foolish God listening to the foolish whims of a foolish man. I do not want that kind of God…I want a God…just, kind, loving, who with understanding holds me back after a prayer and says, “Not now my child, not now…I know best…believe it…not now.”

Let me close with a quote from a book entitled PEACE OF MIND.

“Men, men, I gave you an earth ribbed with veins of diamonds, and bold and black with frozen heat. I gave you strong and dynamic waters to drive your windmills and make your turbines hum with power. I gave you rich loam upon which you could grow waving wheat. What have you done? My coal often you have stolen, leaving only the slag for the oor. My diamonds, my gold, my living waters, you have imprisoned behind the walls of your selfish greed. Because you refused to use my gifts in order to build a just earth, you have been forced to spend gold like water for ships blown up in the twinkling of an eye. You have seen you cities ruined and your precious sons annihilated on a thousand battlefield. Now, at last, the intelligence which I have implanted in you, on race of man, has fashioned the key to unlock My treasure house of energy. Within the secret heart of my atoms is the power of life and death for all of you. O men, will you this time chose weapons of death or tools of life; unconditional destruction or unconditional survival?’

You see, this God of love is not just a God to worship or belie in…or turn to in time of need…He is a God to apprehend, to take unto yourself, to imitate by how you act, and what you are, and what you are becoming.

Men who hate do not know such a God. Men who burns crosses or shout curses or make a hell of earth in all the ways that it is possible do ot know such a God.

The Bible states I clearly,
1 John 4:8
“Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.”
************************************************************

Have you considered sharing this site with family or friends?

Just have them go to Google Search and type in “Neil Spiritual Vitamins”

DO YOU HAVE A BLOG OR FACEBOOK? IF YOU ENJOY THESE WRITINGS COULD YOU CALL ATTENTION TO THIS BLOG? IF YOU DO, THANKS IN ADVANCE.


No comments:

Post a Comment