Friday, June 10, 2016

A HOUSE CALLED YOU

(Use in your personal or church newsletters) (365 stories a year)

Serialization of Neil’s Internationally Distributed Novel (Rust On My Soul) (Published by Bridge Press (1985) is available on his blog Wyrick’s Writings.

To view the blog that has this serialization CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING URL

http://wyrickswritings.blogspot.com/

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEND THIS BLOG TO A FRIEND GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS BLOG AND CLICK ON THE ENVELOPE.
***************************************************************************

This is a story about the building and expanding of a house. A very special house. I have been building it now for almost 82 years. Sometimes each new foundation has been built on rock and sometimes it has been built on sand.

There have been times when its rooms have been filled with devils and filled with angels.

Sometimes I have gone down into the cellar of this house and cried.

Sometimes I have stood on its roof-top and shouted to the glory of God.

This house I have been writing about it me.

And so many times I have heard a knocking on the door of this house and I have not answered as often or as well as I should, and I am forgiven but I am not happy when I am less than diligent in going to the door; for it is the Lord who is knocking and I who should be answering on a regular and persistent basis.

Can we put it this way? Show me the house you live in and I will have a good beginning in how to understand who you are. If I can have a look at the guest list over the years I will learn even more about you.

And what is your house made of?

You just can’t walk into a forest filled with rotten wood and build a house that does end up being rotten too.

And who is the Master builder and contractor and architect for the House called You.

A house can so easily be cluttered with the mold greed and selfishness. And when that happens one becomes allergic to one’s self.

A house can with committed effort be filled with trust. And that such a good thing…

“I would be true, for there are those who trust me;
I would be pure, for there are those who care;
I would be strong, for there is much to suffer;
I would be brave, for there is much to dare.”

“Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.” Matthew 7:17

*****************************************************
Have you considered sharing this site with family or friends? ANOTHER WAY OF DOING IT...
Just have them go to Google Search and type in “Neil Spiritual Vitamins”


DO YOU HAVE A BLOG OR FACEBOOK? IF YOU ENJOY THESE WRITINGS COULD YOU CALL ATTENTION TO THIS BLOG? IF YOU DO, THANKS IN ADVANCE.


No comments:

Post a Comment