Saturday, July 25, 2009

THE PLUS OR MINUS POWER OF OUR WORDS

And as I have listened in the last 24 hours plus to so many words about one subject I have sought wherever I could find them words of forgiveness, an effort for all speaking and listening to try to understand and I have thought…

Words are a candle and lose nothing when they give light so we must be careful of our words for they are students of each other. Verbal dominos lined up and sometimes out of control.

And I thought, we are held accountability for what we do not say as well as what we do say and rightly so.

From time to time on TV I have seen giant buildings crumble, turn to dust and be gone. It is never true of words. They live on forever and become monuments to themselves; good monuments…bad monuments…but nevertheless monuments.

Words fitly and wisely spoken cost us nothing so I wonder why we do not increase our spending in this area more often.

Words do not forget how they were used to express our sentiments in all our yesteryears. We forget nothing nor do our words forget us.

The book of Proverbs puts it well “As a man thinketh in his heart so is he.”

Please consider sharing this site. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment