Thursday, July 23, 2009

CHOSE YE THIS DAY

On the 23rd of September, 1928, I became a part of this world.
Not in 1898 as did my mother, or 1890 as did my father or 1859 as did my grandfather. For whatever reason, in the halls of heaven it was decreed that this totally marvelous process called birth would be successful in my case those almost 81 years ago.

I didn’t choose the day of my beginning. But during the 25,550 days of the average lifetime I do get to chose whether I will give glory and praise to the worthwhile or the worthless.
I do get to have a faith that is robust, ineffectual, or tattle-tale gray.

My email messages come through Earthlink which has a delightful program called Spam Blocker. It blocks all kind of email messages I have no interest in and which might create for me and my computer harm.

In the real world my faith can be considered my personal Spam Blocker. I live in a changing culture and it is constantly sending me messages and spiritual and moral viruses, and if I do not make a joyful noise to God Lord many other less joyful or spiritually productive noises may come breaking through.

Again, thank those of you who are helping this site to grow by sharing it with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment