Monday, July 20, 2009

BE NOT PROUD OF SOME LOUD

I heard a loudmouth today. His tongue was a whip, his thoughts a sickness. His heart was turned off while his volume was turned up high It wasn’t a cold day to begin with, but the pettiness of his anger sent a chill up my spine.

I only hope that listening to it sent some wisdom into my soul. I have heard his kind before bellowing over nothing as if all of time and eternity were at stake. I have been guilty myself. But it is so foolish, so unreasonable.

The book of Proverbs had a word for it. It reads “He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit than he who takes a city.” (Proverbs 16:32)

Did this thought benefit your day? Then consider sharing with family and friends because blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.

No comments:

Post a Comment