Monday, April 24, 2017

DEAR ABRAHAM

 
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEND THIS BLOG TO A FRIEND GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS BLOG AND CLICK ON THE ENVELOPE.

There are over 600 stories and commentaries on this blog. It is added to daily.


Dear Abraham,

            Today in Jerusalem they crucified the man named Jesus. The one you heard preach that afternoon on the side of a mountain. 

Pilate said, “I see no wrong in this just man,” but the crowd seemed intent on only one decision.  It was obvious some had been paid to shout, “Let him be crucified!” but we both know how this is.  Life is cheap in our day and love a commodity not easily come upon.

            You said you had never met anyone like this man and I agree.  He had more dignity carrying the cross down the Via Dolorosa than some men can muster sitting on a throne.  I

 I do not make a habit of attending crucifixions and surely one day they will be outlawed.  I have certainly never before stayed to the bitter painful end, but as he hung on the cross he proved his mettle. 

It is not that he spoke often but what he had to say.  I have forgotten some of his words, but others I will never forget.

            “Father, forgive them for they know not what they do.”  How he could say this at such a time escapes me.  That love he has been preaching for three years, he meant it.

            When I heard him say, “Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit,” his father was not the same as if I had said it.  And I heard his last words; “It is finished.” 

He was calm when he spoke.  There was almost a smile on his face like someone anticipating going back home.  One of the soldiers cried out, “Surely this man was the Son of God.”

            Son of God…the phrase seems to echo over and over in my mind.  Why should the Son of God come to live among men only to die on a cross?  I think and ponder and have more questions than answers.  I dare not share them with many, but my friend of so many years, allow me to share them with you. 

I wonder of God wanted us to know he cares?  Perhaps there was a special meaning to this death and the world has not heard the last of it.  Caiphas walked away in triumph. Could it be his victory will be brief?

            I am no prophet.  For all my schooling I am not that wise.  You were always the better student. But I know what I feel and what I feel is God.

            I shall be leaving here in the next several days and traveling by of the road to Emmaus.  God’s blessings on you.

Your friend,

David
 
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
 
DO YOU HAVE A BLOG OR FACEBOOK?  IF YOU ENJOY THESE WRITINGS COULD YOU CALL ATTENTION TO THIS BLOG?  IF YOU DO, THANKS IN ADVANCE
*******************************
 
ALREADY STARTED on his other blog WYRICK’S WRITINGS… Serialization of another of his books SIXTY PLUS AND NOT HOLDING 

To read this book
 
CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING URL

Each week there is also a serialization of his novel RUST ON MY SOUL and serialization of another of his books 60 PLUS AND NOT HOLDING

MANY OF THE IDEAS IN THIS BOOK FOR BETTER LIVING ARE GOOD FOR ANY AGE. (This book is about dealing positively with the challenges of getting older and fosters the belief  that “If we would have new knowledge, we must get a world of new questions.”  (Susanne K. Langer)
TO VISIT Neil’s other blog WYRICK’S WRITING (A variety of serializations; a novel on Sunday and Tuesday and Thursday varying subjects) (3 times a week added to)
 
CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING URL

****************************
To view his One Man Dramas on film (see by millions, live and on film and on video)(Martin Luther, Ben Franklin, Charles Wesley, Abraham Lincoln)


CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING
 
****************************
 
To access info his other book’s and get some great used book prices, go to Amazon.com (books) and type in Neil Wyrick.

 BOUNDARIES UNLIMITED, RUST ON MY SOUL, POOR RICHARD’S ALMANAC, I AM SIXTY PLUS AND NOT HOLDING, THE ABC’S OF PARENTING AND GRANDPARENTING, LETTERS TO AMERICA…
+++++++++++++++++++++++

A quote below from ONE A DAY blog entitled As It Never Could Have Been


            The time was the fourteenth Nisan in the year 37900.  It was a dark spring evening in the seven hundred and eighty-third year of the reign of the Emperor Tiberius.  We would say it was the seventh day of April in the year of our Lord 30.

            Three hundred thousand pilgrims moved within and without this strong-hold of Jewish faith and Roman occupation.  There was noise enough already; but then over the hill came charging on in a seamless garment.  He stood straight and tall and his chariot was pulled by six white horses.  His lieutenants or disciples as they were called, each mounted on their black Arabian steeds, rode by his side.  Jesus of Nazareth, for this was what he was called, wheeled up before the Fountain Gate, and watched the crowds surge forward and round about him and listened to them call out, “Hail Jesus King of the Jews.”  He stretched out his hands and acknowledge their praise.

            After awhile Jesus grew tired of their shouts.  It had been a long trip from bethany. Every few miles people asking for a few words of wisdom and the sick, everywhere you looked.  Jesus thought to himself, “I must have healed five thousand if I healed one.”  He gave a wave of his hand, his lieutenants forced their horses through the surging crowd.  And Jesus moved in the direction of the Upper Room…

No comments:

Post a Comment